+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Knife Angel comes to Walsall tomorrow

Knife Angel comes to Walsall tomorrow

This 27 foot sculpture is made from 100,000 knives received from 43 police forces .
    What a crap world we live in, with all these cowards carrying and using knives.
    https://go.walsall.gov.uk/newsroom/k...nI9hzBD-Lj7GK8

Too many dysfunctional ‘families’, a lack of effective parenting and a woke culture that refuses to call out the appalling behaviour of certain sections of society. We have kids coming out of school having learned next to nothing, certainly with no concept of responsibility. Too many folk, when things go wrong, claim that it is someone else’s fault, never their own. I certainly can’t see any prospect of things being turned around.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Too many dysfunctional ‘families’, a lack of effective parenting and a woke culture that refuses to call out the appalling behaviour of certain sections of society. We have kids coming out of school having learned next to nothing, certainly with no concept of responsibility. Too many folk, when things go wrong, claim that it is someone else’s fault, never their own. I certainly can’t see any prospect of things being turned around.
    Too true always someone else's fault. Government, council, police, schools never their own. Parents get lots of the blame and quite right too but in their teaching careers my family have seen lots of kids with lousy upbringings who have forged themselves a decent life. Just when does it stop NOT being their fault?

Keep hearing about lots of issues "Somebody needs to do something" but never what,when or by whom!
    Great sculpture whatever the origin.

There are just too many dynamics with dysfunctional families. You can have a lousy childhood but with some support and a good mentor you can make a life that doesn’t negatively impact others. That means with no support you are open to negative influences (birds of a feather) of hurt, vulnerable and easily led people who are desperate for attention. On top of that, genetics, environment, and negative circumstances can make something either easier to do or harder to nigh impossible for some.
    If all children were given a decent start prisons would be 75% emptier.
    Experts say that a 30% good upbringing is enough, that’s the Gold standard. So if parents berate themselves over oversleeping, or being too tired to talk to their kids, this isn’t bad parenting it’s imperfect human nature. When parents are failing their kids MOST of the time that’s when the damage is done. A lot of parenting unfortunately, especially in poor and deprived areas (because of lack of support) lends itself to delinquency.

Get ready to be offended …..
    Crime and punishment has always been a conundrum for our law makers and often an impossible task to implement by our law enforcement bodies.
    We have tried to balance the situation between proportional punishment, effective deterrents whilst protecting the public.
    Boingy is correct about education and a good start in life but …..
    We have to have a serious discussion and realise that us humans can be a vile species and should not be surprised at the unspeakable actions we can do.
    I used to be a hang and flog um type of individual but not now.
    These days I have hardened by view and class myself as a dispatch them.
    Its an off the scale view I know I accept this but there would be very few prisons needed.
    Anyone found guilty where a 10-year sentence or more has been given… execute.
    (That’s probably every rapist, repeat offenders, drug dealers, etc etc )
    Anyone found with an offensive weapon, GBH, ADH 5 years no parole hard labour.
    Drug addicts given proper rehab and support; Cannabis legalised but by prescription.
    There would be miscarriages of justice no doubt, some would be heartbreaking but I would bet our kids and old folk could be safe and sound when they are out and about or in their beds.

I totally get some wanting to be tough on the offenders but for the reasons I mentioned it wouldn’t change anything. With even brutal regimes crimes still happen. It has to start from childhood and society has to be responsible in forming a supportive community. A Max security prison in Cyprus by treating the prisoners like humans instead of animals found that 50% instead of 15% previously didn’t reoffend. They were even prepared for the outside world instead of left to go back to the only life they knew. For many of them that Prison was actually the first time in their lives they felt cared for. As I said I get it when anyone wants tougher this and tougher that. I do. It’s just a very complex problem.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)