+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hibernian v Aberdeen

I don't want to see Baz sacked but he must start learning quickly - theres been some excellent performances and some terrible ones, for me its about whether he's learning and we can see evidence of that, I'm not that disheartened by yesterdays game - much like Europe we are heading in the right direction but I'd like us to get there quicker

I'm a little annoyed at Cormacks appointments - Barry should have been brought in, instead of Glass if he wanted a young manager who was learning but trying to build a team long-term. I think we'd all be cutting Barry a bit more slack if he wasn't coming in on the back of Glass and Goodwin where we had to stomach some horrendous results

I'm at peace with the fact that there are no quick fixes and like I've bleated on about before - the infrastructure of the club is the best its been, commercial revenues are up, scouting has improved and there is a solid base for any manager to build with. Give Baz some time - let him keep learning and I think he'll do well for us

I wonder how much influence Agnew has on team affairs.

He was assistant to Steve Bruce for a number of years and the same accusations were flying around him about sh*t tactics and formations.

Is it just coincidence that he is here and we are complaining about the same issues.

I don't want to see yet another manager gone, but we know we are a better team than our results indicate.

I've always been convinced that Europe was bad for us this year andI do expect our fortunes to improve once it's out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    Since he got his full time contract? You sure about that or you basing your comment on his interim time as well?

If you read what I wrote, common theme on here, then you'll see I wrote win% of full time which meant after he got the contract.

By my reckoning that is 29 games played with 7 wins across all competitions which is roughly 24.13% win ratio. That is less than Alex Millers 25.58% win ratio.
    Yeah I know what you meant but at the end of the day he’s won 15 games as Aberdeen manager.Its irrelevant that he won 8 games when he was interim manager and has won 7 games as the permanent manager.

You are right about one thing, he needs to start winning games or he will lose his job.We have a lot of home games to play this month and we should be winning the majority of them.

If we don’t then we will be looking for a new manager in January / February for the 4th year in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yeah I know what you meant but at the end of the day he’s won 15 games as Aberdeen manager.Its irrelevant that he won 8 games when he was interim manager and has won 7 games as the permanent manager.

You are right about one thing, he needs to start winning games or he will lose his job.We have a lot of home games to play this month and we should be winning the majority of them.

If we don’t then we will be looking for a new manager in January / February for the 4th year in a row.
    So you know what I meant but chose to ignore that? I should start doing that with your posts and see what nonsense I can come up with.

It's not irrelevant as you state that since becoming full time manager he has won ONLY 7 games out of 29, this is what he is now judged on, not the previous 10 games of signing the contract of which he was judged on to get that contract.

His reluctance to drop players and bring in other/fresher players coupled with his tactics will ultimately cost him his job I feel, he has a far more talented squad of players than what he is getting out of them and this is what costs many managers their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    So you know what I meant but chose to ignore that?
    Yes.

Yes.
    The many voices in your head must keep you entertained of an evening.

yes.
    lol

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456