+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Everton's appeal

Everton's appeal

And I don't mean they appeal to anyone outside of blue Liverpool.

They have lodged an official appeal against their points deduction.

Anybody outside of the bottom clubs in those seasons who were ramped by Everton feel they have a case or were too heavily punished.

punishment is only appropriate if any other clubs found guilty suffer the same punishment

Quote Originally Posted by ronandtet View Post
    punishment is only appropriate if any other clubs found guilty suffer the same punishment
    That is correct Ron and quite a few ought to be having a quiver or two at this moment. We ought to be grateful that our new owners appear to have done things correctly, also that Fatso was so tight with the clubs money that you couldn't accuse him of being a big over spender.

I think they will win their appeal and get some points back.. hopefully I am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    I think they will win their appeal and get some points back.. hopefully I am wrong
    Sadly, I suspect they will as well.

End up with 5 point deduction instead.

This is where the premier league need to show they have a spine and stick with their decision.

Then they need to display integrity, and ensure the Man City’s and Chelsea’s are punished accordingly too.

I must say though, I’m not a fan of the time it takes to investigate, and the punishments meted out halfway through the following season.

There needs to be a way to ensure punishments are handed out at the end of the 3 year cycle of ffp. Then a points deduction / fine can be applied for that season and the promoted/relegated teams adjusted accordingly.

Submitting Jan to Jan accounts with them being assessed by end of season? And give clubs an opportunity to explain discrepancies?

Don’t know if it will work that way, or if it’s meant to already, but whatever they’re doing, there needs to be clarity. Even Everton don’t know what’s included in the ffp calculations. And punishments need to be predetermined so there’s no excuse for a club claim it’s unjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    This is where the premier league need to show they have a spine and stick with their decision.

Then they need to display integrity, and ensure the Man City’s and Chelsea’s are punished accordingly too.

I must say though, I’m not a fan of the time it takes to investigate, and the punishments meted out halfway through the following season.

There needs to be a way to ensure punishments are handed out at the end of the 3 year cycle of ffp. Then a points deduction / fine can be applied for that season and the promoted/relegated teams adjusted accordingly.

Submitting Jan to Jan accounts with them being assessed by end of season? And give clubs an opportunity to explain discrepancies?

Don’t know if it will work that way, or if it’s meant to already, but whatever they’re doing, there needs to be clarity. Even Everton don’t know what’s included in the ffp calculations. And punishments need to be predetermined so there’s no excuse for a club claim it’s unjust.
    Good point about the timing of the investigation and punishment. I don’t understand how/why Everton are appealing. A rule is there, they broke it and so there’s no doubt. Perhaps the scale of punishment (number of points deduction) is subjective and that’s the basis for the appeal. If it is then it’s a bit pathetic tbh and needs sorting: you overspent by up to £500,000, it’s a one point deduction, £500,000 - £1,000,000, it’s 2 points, etc.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)