+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Shrewbury Town FC 01.12.23 [FAC R2]

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastultra1977 View Post
    That was a complete waste of time and money,and I don't give a shiny ****e what any of you say.
    Shrewsbury had scored 12 goals in 20 league games this season.
    I am getting fed up to the back teeth of Williams putting out weakend teams in these cup matches.
    When is he going to ****ing sort the defense out?This has been going on too long now.
    We had a great chance of getting a good draw against a Prem. side and making a bit of money.
    No doubt the same lame excuses will come out....tiredness,(it's the same for all teams at this level)the opposition were 'brilliant' etc.Yawn,yawn,bore,bore.
    FFS Williams for once and for all get shut of your ****ing 'mates' in defence or **** off.

Tranny hissy fit incoming

Shrewsbury are crap and will finish about 18th in League One, Lincoln and Derby were far better than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stall is God View Post
    Why can’t everyone see, Luke is not disrespecting the competition, he’s managing a small squad. Remove the calamitous defending and that could have been a decent result and performance. Clearly the defence needs an upgrade but what can we do right now, apart from playing on loan youngsters? I’m as frustrated as anyone but I trust the process.
    Well said. It's all well and good people bemoaning the team selection but let's remember we played Wimbledon Sat, Crawley Tue and Shrewsbury Fri. That's 3 games in 6 days.

I know we could have got a lucrative tie in the third round, but then on the other hand we could have got another league two or league one side. We will never know.

I didn't want to see Crowley, McGoldrick, Langstaff, Jones all on the pitch for the full 90 min with the risk of them picking up injuries. We've got a busy period coming up with six league games over the course of three weeks starting next Saturday and for me those games are the priority.

Besides that side tonight was good enough to win that game and the Shrewsbury player who scored the hattrick will have got the easiest one of his career in professional football for that I've no doubt. Three mistakes cost us.

It's done it's gone and now as the old saying goes we can concentrate on the league and we've got 26 league games to focus on now with no further distractions. Let's have a cup run another year when we might not have injuries to key players.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Well said. It's all well and good people bemoaning the team selection but let's remember we played Wimbledon Sat, Crawley Tue and Shrewsbury Fri. That's 3 games in 6 days.
    No it's not!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    LW post match interview sounds like he's not happy at Notts.
    I didn't hear that at all. In fact he had plenty of positive things to say about a number of players (e.g. Sam Austin and Dan Gosling), the work of the academy and our overall set-up.

What he was unhappy about on the night - rightly so - is the loss of a game we should have won due to the unnecessary concession of sloppy goals, and I think his comment that "at the moment I'm not good enough to stop this from happening, so I need to find a solution" is a strong hint that he's thinking the same things most fans are: either personnel changes in defence, or a shift towards less kamikaze risk-taking in defensive positions.

It wasn't an "I'm unhappy at Notts" narrative at all. Indeed he's said multiple times he's happy here and that the set-up is excellent. It was a narrative along the lines of what he/we need(s) to do (defensively) to take the next step forward.
    Last edited by jackal2; 01-12-2023 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notts78 View Post
    tranny hissy fit incoming
    fu retard

We need a new keeper too.

Slocombe and Stone are useless.

We need a keeper who TALKS and ORGANISES the back line.Neither know what each other are doing.

We lost to a poor side tonight, but it was entirely self-inflicted. Playing such a weak team annoyed me, but we still had more than enough to beat them without the defensive howlers. We are used to gifting one goal a game, but THREE??? We created far more chances for them than they did, it was almost as if we didn't want to be in the next round. I'm seriously pissed off after watching that.

I’m guessing Luke is as frustrated as we are and will be spending hours thinking of defensive solutions. He probably won’t sleep much tonight. I hear a coach who wants to put things right and most likely will do.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

I know we could have got a lucrative tie in the third round, but then on the other hand we could have got another league two or league one side. We will never know.

I didn't want to see Crowley, McGoldrick, Langstaff, Jones all on the pitch for the full 90 min with the risk of them picking up injuries. We've got a busy period coming up with six league games over the course of three weeks starting next Saturday and for me those games are the priority.

Besides that side tonight was good enough to win that game and the Shrewsbury player who scored the hattrick will have got the easiest one of his career in professional football for that I've no doubt. Three mistakes cost us.

It's done it's gone and now as the old saying goes we can concentrate on the league and we've got 26 league games to focus on now with no further distractions. Let's have a cup run another year when we might not have injuries to key players.
    ..but his hat trick had to be against Notts didn't it? 12 goals in 20 league games they have scored this season !!! I bet he thinks he's 'arrived'....'he aint.

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast