+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Our defence

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Well we now know the current team are not good enough for League 1 - beaten twice by Lincoln and now Shrewsbury .
    All three games we had a reserve team out. We know our reserves weren't good enough against National League North last year in that basis

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    All three games we had a reserve team out. We know our reserves weren't good enough against National League North last year in that basis
    They were good enough for this game as they were the better side, but it was predominantly the first teamers that unfortunately made mistakes.
    I’m as disappointed as anyone else but on the flip side of the coin was it worth possibly losing anymore first teamers making them play 3 games in 7 days? If we still had Palmer, Baj and Scott then we could have had a very strong side out, it’s just where we are at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    All are good enough footballers, in my opinion. It's just isolated moments of poor decision making but happening too often.

The first goal was bad luck that Baldwin slipped, but in fairness, Randall gave him a terrible ball to put him in a tricky position. The second goal, again Randall caught napping and didn't deal with the ball over the top, but after that it's an easy clearance for Rawlo. The third was like a competition of who can balls up the most between Brindley and Baldwin.
    When Baldwin slipped he was moving to his left and it looked, to me, that the Shrewsbury player was moving the same way and would probably have won the ball anyway. Shocking decision making however you look at it.

Just seen the goals…oh dear. At this rate, surely we’re going to be investigated for match fixing?
    Those individual errors were ridiculous and have the feel of “someone put a bet against us!”

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    All are good enough footballers, in my opinion. It's just isolated moments of poor decision making but happening too often.

The first goal was bad luck that Baldwin slipped, but in fairness, Randall gave him a terrible ball to put him in a tricky position. The second goal, again Randall caught napping and didn't deal with the ball over the top, but after that it's an easy clearance for Rawlo. The third was like a competition of who can balls up the most between Brindley and Baldwin.
    I think if you look at all 3 errors, it's simply a case of defenders trying to be too clever in testing conditions. Sometimes, you just gotta put your foot through the ball and be safe.

Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    I don’t buy the bad luck bit with Baldwin. What on earth was he trying to do before he slipped? He looked like he was trying to take their player on and beat him?!?!?! Why not just kick it at their player?

For me looking at both his errors, his opinion of his ability tonight far exceeds the reality.

I don’t want to single him out as none of our defenders are immune from issue.

The solution has to be a combination of changes to personnel and changes to tactics. Sometimes the defenders simply have to take the simple option, be that put it in touch, or hit it long. Either by instruction, or by a lack of understanding of their limitations, they are currently ignoring this option.
    Got to agree with Don, Baldwin could have just kicked it off their player for a goal kick. Alot of these mistakes are lack of concentration and being on their mind that they aren't encouraged to just boot it out of danger. We could slightly change tactics as in you don't have to play EVERY ball out of defence.

Also though it's the ability to defend first and foremost, that's their primary reason for being here and that's what they're failing at time and again. I think for once we should maybe take a hit on the plan and bring in 2 good defenders in January as ours we have now are getting worse due to their confidence being shot after costly mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by metrocab View Post
    Never ever thought I would agree with anything you post, but you are 100% spot on with this none performance by our useless/clueless back 4 tonight
    You think we set up with a back 4 , typical ball game fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    When Baldwin slipped he was moving to his left and it looked, to me, that the Shrewsbury player was moving the same way and would probably have won the ball anyway. Shocking decision making however you look at it.
    I'm not one for criticising our players, but why did it take so long for Baldwin to get back up from his fall. I've seen pensioners get up from a fall quicker!

First one Baldwin also to me looked like he was trying to take on the player to go past him, second tried to sell a back pass dummy 🙄 and go to the side, both could easily been avoided even after Brindley slipped over, the third I'm still scratching my head over the collective fk up

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast