+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

Do the rarities of a clean sheet, a point away from home and an impending managerial announcement at least give us three straws to clutch at? Or is it simply not enough against a poor side considering all around us seem to be on the up? At least there's the FA Cup draw to look forward to if not the actual competition itself

Thoughts on today?

As I said at the end of the match thread, we were looking much the better team second half (and the end of the first half) until Lembikisa and Hugill came on
    And then suddenly, we weren't
    Still at least we know where the problems lie
    In the window, Dexter back to Wolves and recall Kioso and see if Peterboro will take Hugill off our hands....

Makes a welcome change to see more shots than the home teams. Not sure if Sanderson saved that shot with his hand. Not a clear camera angle. But overall a far better performance.

I thought we did very well today, yes they are awful but after recent away performances we looked composed and solid and if Rathbone hadn't panicked with the open goal we could have won. Odofin looks better every game same for Nombe. Lindsay was so solid, makes us look so much better when he plays well. Well done to WC for being brave in his selection and a very good away point. Also well done to the Rotherham fans you could hear them all game giving the team great support.

Just on way back. Great to be surrounded by genuine supporters who through thick and thin support the team
    Fantastic point today. Seems we’re not **** after all.
    Well done to the team.

Didn't make it today but watched the game.

Did very well and looked much more solid. Credit to Wayne he organised us better than any away performance since in 2023. We could have won.

Cohen on the wing is where he needs to be as many of us having been saying since the start of the season.

Revan did well.

Ayala lead the back well and Peltier too was immense.

Dexter isn't cut out for t'championship. Immediately weaker with him on and he has a nieveity to his game (age related) that means he should be sent back or bench warming come January.

Manager was at the game today so I'm sure he will have seen more cause for optimism than the last few away disasters.

Small green shoots of recovery? Hopefully. Much better albeit against a crap team. Could and should have won.
    It's going to be very difficult to stay in this division but a step in the right direction. Well done Wayne (the one without the giant head) and the lads. Let's get the manager in, a good draw in the cup and 3 points on Tuesday

To be honest I’m a bit disappointed,not with the effort & the way we played but I think we could have taken 3 points today.I think if we had gone Kelly on for Nombe who was shot the last 15mins.Birmingham 5th in the league when Rooney took over great move Brum chairman.

A good, well deserved point

Just goes to show how we can improve when the lazy players are missing

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    To be honest I’m a bit disappointed,not with the effort & the way we played but I think we could have taken 3 points today.I think if we had gone Kelly on for Nombe who was shot the last 15mins.Birmingham 5th in the league when Rooney took over great move Brum chairman.
    We definitely should have won it. Good point though. Players put a shift in that’s all you can ask.
    Well don’t to WC he’s been put in a difficult position and has handled himself well. My respect to him.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast