+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Christmas Memories

O/T Christmas Memories

Just put the tree up and who remembers having to see which bulb was loose before any of the lights would work?

Its about this time of year when i would be marking which programmes to watch in the TV and Radio Times

Same here Phil, mind wanders to Christmas past and all those that are no longer around, simpler times.

Just put our tree up today as well Phil. Had an artificial tree for a few years now and miss that pine smell of a real tree. I was also thinking about the cotton wool that we used to put on the branches to mimic snow. I wonder whether anyone still does that?

Christmas Eve after the kids have gone to bed place a pair of boots in front of the fire. Sprinkle Shake n Vac and take away the boots. Glass of sherry for Santa, a carrot for Rudolph. In the morning you could clearly see where Santa had come down the chimney and the snow had fallen off his boots.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Christmas Eve after the kids have gone to bed place a pair of boots in front of the fire. Sprinkle Shake n Vac and take away the boots. Glass of sherry for Santa, a carrot for Rudolph. In the morning you could clearly see where Santa had come down the chimney and the snow had fallen off his boots.
    and then you notice there are two sets of boot prints...

Quote Originally Posted by OldThrostle View Post
    and then you notice there are two sets of boot prints...
    Very clever! He is not course real 🤯

My brother in law use to go up to the Phoenix Park wher there is a deer herd.
    He would shovel a bag of deer poo and sprinkle it around the back garden and even on a window ledge. The kids were convinced for sure that they had been visited by rein deer....lovely..

Trying to think of some of the toys me and the brothers had for Christmas past other than Monopoly and Cluedo and no, it wasn't an orange!!

Crossfire - shooting ball bearings into a goal net and getting blisters on me fingers
    Spirograph - quite useless really
    Subbuteo football and cricket, the cricket being quite rare but great fun. My friend had the rugby which was very boring
    two boxers punching each other until his head popped up
    Soccerama a flippin good board game
    Frustration - a rather stupid name for a sophisticated game of ludo

One of our most enjoyed games at Christmas used to be Escalado in which the lead horses used to vibrate along a winder driven track. My horses always seemed to hit the fences placed along the track!

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    One of our most enjoyed games at Christmas used to be Escalado in which the lead horses used to vibrate along a winder driven track. My horses always seemed to hit the fences placed along the track!
    I had one of those at Christmas and Subbuteo football, spent many an happy hour playing those with my brothers and mates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)