+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Has TS lost his mojo?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    No
    I think he is doing his best, he makes mistakes as all people do, but the club is financially well run, as stated by independent external experts and we have a club. He has been let down by others within football. I do think Rotherham is too hard a job for a lot of managers, they run scared and choose perceived easy jobs. I do not see the logic for keeping MT he could have been given a bit longer but the results were not there. I hope he doesn’t give it to wc that would be a mistake. Let’s take Richardson he has l1 success

I'd go with Richardson working with W C & co.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    I'm behind the loop.

Why did wilder pull out??
    Because he knew the Sheff Utd job was going to be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I agree about managers running scared from the job.
    Reminds me of a brilliant song that quote:

https://youtu.be/WBAqXtaPZgQ?si=O_UqvS8u7S7xhIPQ

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Driven, ambitious, shrewd and hardworking but it is possible for talented people to decline.

Arguments raging at my workplace today about our chairman waning abilities.

What do you think?
    ibs, upon reflection, it has been a gamble with Taylor that hasn’t worked. Signings, injuries, you name it it’s been a stinker so far.

If I didn’t know better I think if the right people came along tomorrow with the best intentions for buying and progressing the club, I think he would sell up.

The man has been the very best thing that has ever happened to our club and honestly we cannot thank him enough. He’s 74 next so I too, if I were him, would get out now with my head held high knowing I had done a fantastic job in my tenure as Chairman.

I don’t think he’s lost his mojo, he’s just reached his full ceiling capacity and is probably frustrated with the total situation.

There’s been far too much time spent criticising Taylor

But he never kicked a ball on the pitch for us, and yes he held responsibility for signing some of them but basically some of the players let him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ibs, upon reflection, it has been a gamble with Taylor that hasn’t worked. Signings, injuries, you name it it’s been a stinker so far.

If I didn’t know better I think if the right people came along tomorrow with the best intentions for buying and progressing the club, I think he would sell up.

The man has been the very best thing that has ever happened to our club and honestly we cannot thank him enough. He’s 74 next so I too, if I were him, would get out now with my head held high knowing I had done a fantastic job in my tenure as Chairman.

I don’t think he’s lost his mojo, he’s just reached his full ceiling capacity and is probably frustrated with the total situation.
    Quality post Brinster

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Top post Brin and well said, I don't know TS personally but he always strikes me as the kind of guy that you could agree a deal with and shake his hand and away you go. Unfortunately football is not like that a deal in football is never done until the contract has been signed in triplicate. TS has been turned over twice here and been made to look like a fool, I would imagine he will not be happy and if I was him I might be thinking enough is enough.

I would appoint WC and the coaches tomorrow announce that he trusts them to get the job done, make Rob Scott Director of Football and bugger off on a long cruise.

Heard a rumour Nigel Pearson until end of season ,can’t vouch for authenticity though.

Ts said it was a board decision to dispense with MT…maybe someone on the board is getting too much of a say…🤔

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Ts said it was a board decision to dispense with MT…maybe someone on the board is getting too much of a say…🤔
    Clarkey TS told the board he had sacked Taylor and they then agreed with his decision

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast