+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Has TS lost his mojo?

If we win the next two home games all this crying into your beer will be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    If we win the next two home games all this crying into your beer will be forgotten.
    ....exactly Tigerish. we only have to go back to the close season and lots on here were expecting us to be a mid table team, even before the transfer window hadn't closed.......don't you love the experts..................UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    Maybe Dexter gets a MOM and helps keep two clean sheets…

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ....exactly Tigerish. we only have to go back to the close season and lots on here were expecting us to be a mid table team, even before the transfer window hadn't closed.......don't you love the experts..................UTM.
    Who are the experts?
    I’ve enjoyed reading the different opinions.
    It’s true we struggle to compete at this level nothing wrong with admitting that.
    Doesn’t mean it’s giving in or downing tools.
    Very strange take on here at times. A bunch of loyal supporters giving their honest opinion on our status and standing in a very tough league makes them negative and experts.
    Very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    T/S seems to think we are a mid table team, so if the chairman can dream I’m sure the fans (experts can)

Most of what Pete Waller says is true, we are a good league 1 team,but a crap championship one,that's it in a nutshell.
    However, Luton and Coventry last season were one decent striker better than us for a lot of games, I still think with a good manager, a few decent players who work harder than anyone else, and some luck,we could make the play offs..
    It's the hope that kills you !

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Some good points Pete but "nothing has changed since the acquisition". Seriously? The footballing world has changed completely and we are still slugging it out with the likes of Leeds, Leicester, Southampton whilst much bigger clubs languish in L1 and many of our counterparts of 15 years ago have disappeared into oblivion. I agree for those that drag themselves to NYS week in, week out it must be hard to watch, but at least there's a team to watch.
    I get that Cam but it’s time the club moved on. As fans we can’t keep thanking TS for saving the club - when will it stop? In 20 years time, 40 years time? Rather than hope for Championship security it might just be better to accept what we are and not what we wish to become because all I’m trying to say is that the current set up will not stretch that far.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    I get that Cam but it’s time the club moved on. As fans we can’t keep thanking TS for saving the club - when will it stop? In 20 years time, 40 years time? Rather than hope for Championship security it might just be better to accept what we are and not what we wish to become because all I’m trying to say is that the current set up will not stretch that far.
    The town doesn’t back TS though. Yes there’s 8000 -9000 home fans but we don’t even sell out the big games with 9.5k
    We give any club that asks for their maximum ticket allocation and we didn’t even sell out play off games

The idea was to increase the capacity ….to move the club onwards and upwards….but the demand just isn’t there.
    Surely TS has a limit as to what he can invest otherwise he’ll get stung by the FFP rules

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    The town doesn’t back TS though. Yes there’s 8000 -9000 home fans but we don’t even sell out the big games with 9.5k
    We give any club that asks for their maximum ticket allocation and we didn’t even sell out play off games

The idea was to increase the capacity ….to move the club onwards and upwards….but the demand just isn’t there.
    Surely TS has a limit as to what he can invest otherwise he’ll get stung by the FFP rules
    I don't think you need to worry about FFP rules for the Millers.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Who are the experts?
    I’ve enjoyed reading the different opinions.
    It’s true we struggle to compete at this level nothing wrong with admitting that.
    Doesn’t mean it’s giving in or downing tools.
    Very strange take on here at times. A bunch of loyal supporters giving their honest opinion on our status and standing in a very tough league makes them negative and experts.
    Very strange.
    I think terms like "negative" or "expert" tend to be levelled at the ones who are supposedly in the know (when they aren't and are just guessing) or the ones who have all the easy answers to difficult questions. Yes, it's all opinion, but you're also entitled to have your own opinion of outrageous views or statements and freely post them on here.

"Just give him a contract" or "just spend more money" are -IN MY OPINION- fatuous statements and should be labelled as such.

I guess it all makes for a more interesting world

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast