+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You can be disappointed

You can be disappointed

…..but no-one should be annoyed with that. 3 goals in the last 11 minutes tells you absolutely everything you need to know.
    When was the last time you saw a top side with only GKs, kids and has-beens on the bench for 4 matches in 2 weeks?

I am annoyed (surprise surprise), with ****ing Tonali!!

No it's not his fault we have lost 59 players to injury but how we could have done with him right now!!

100% Tops.

The lads are knackered physically and mentally.

They’re Knackered I even felt tired looking at the same line up again.

I will say, it may be time to get rid of the injury prone. We cannot affrod to carry the likes of Wilson anymore. Maybe even Willock!

Christ, I am tempted to label Isak as inury prone.

If i had as much time off work as these guys i would have lost my job.

Not annoyed at all.

Disappointed and flat but this was coming.

They fed off the energy of the crowd against Man U but this was a game too far and no surprise to anyone.

My worry is that, with only 3 days until Spurs, they're going to be even more knackered and Spurs relentless attacking will cause mistakes in tired legs as happened today.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Not annoyed at all.

They fed off the energy of the crowd against Man U but this was a game too far and no surprise to anyone.

My worry is that, with only 3 days until Spurs, they're going to be even more knackered and Spurs relentless attacking will cause mistakes in tired legs as happened today.
    Mind you Spuds have a big injury list too, nowhere as bad as ours, but they have just lost a 1-0 lead to West Ham, going down 1-2.

You could see this coming if we didn't get the first goal. For 3/4 of the game we played the more classy football, they had their chances but were scrappy and we made most of the proper chances.

But for the last 1/4 of the game the fatigue set in and we didn't have the legs to keep up with them.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 07-12-2023 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Not annoyed at all.

We could do with another international break! Roll on January, we desperately need to strengthen, this team have worked wonders but can only do so much. Play the kids against spurs and concentrate on the C L game, that’s what I would do, swe can make up the premier league points once we have players back plus new signings,but we only have one shot at qualifying from the group. Imo that’s more important NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    We could do with another international break! Roll on January, we desperately need to strengthen, this team have worked wonders but can only do so much. Play the kids against spurs and concentrate on the C L game, that’s what I would do, swe can make up the premier league points once we have players back plus new signings,but we only have one shot at qualifying from the group. Imo that’s more important NOW.
    I’m starting to agree with this. We might be forced to ‘throw’ a game through necessity. Normally I would never suggest this but the injury situation is a feckin joke now.
    On top of that we have the competition draws we’ve had this season - even the mackems now which could’ve been a chance to rest a lot of players. With it being them then forget that.
    Chelski? It’s the Carabao cup. Milan? No way.
    That basically leaves Spurs.

I can genuinely see us go on an amazing winning streak in the new year when we get players back… and still believe we can be too 6, but we can’t let ourselves get too far behind through December.

Absolutely gutted with the result, more with the games ahead in mind… but not annoyed.

Everton with their siege mentality now - best thing for their motivation has been that points deduction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)