+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Joey Barton

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Jesus...I wait all morning for the power to be restored and then we get this rubbish. I think Sith’s post #38 must have some how predicted your response. ‘Token blacks’? Wtf does that mean?
    We all have our opinions Gunteryy but yours increasingly make you sound like a racist, misogynistic knob, indeed I think you’re even quite proud of your prejudice. I hope you have a Happy Christmas but equally I wish you’d keep your views away from our forum...it lowers the tone and is, frankly, not welcome.
    When have I ever been misogynistic or is that just to pad out the accusations? I watch some WSL games and I find some of them have been far more entertaining then watching the third tier men's stuff. What's more, I hope the women's game continues to prosper and gets the TV coverage it deserves.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ram

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    When have I ever been misogynistic or is that just to pad out the accusations? I watch some WSL games and I find some of them have been far more entertaining then watching the third tier men's stuff. What's more, I hope the women's game continues to prosper and gets the TV coverage it deserves.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, ram
    No necessity for ‘padding’. You referred to tokenism via female commentators and pundits etc as being an extension of something that started with ‘blacks’. Read your own stuff...no need for it.

No necessity for ‘padding’. You referred to tokenism via female commentators and pundits etc as being an extension of something that started with ‘blacks’. Read your own stuff...no need for it.
    Top level women's football is often highly entertaining, but it will always be a shadow of the men's game and perhaps it's a case of horses for courses.

Top level women's football is often highly entertaining, but it will always be a shadow of the men's game and perhaps it's a case of horses for courses.
    I agree with much of that Gunt, and have expressed a similar opinion on here myself however, unless you’re suggesting that only those who have been or are top level footballers can offer a valid opinion on...top level football then, imo, you don’t have a point.
    I doubt very much that anyone on here could call themselves a ‘top level’ footballer but we all have plenty to say so why shouldn’t women offer an opinion that’s just as valid? Personally I found your comments utterly disrespectful...especially those aimed at, in your words, ‘blacks’, but then I’d guess, having been given the benefit of the doubt so often, that’s exactly what you intended.

Fair enough. To me Sinfield’s achievements are sports related and Mary Earps won fair and square.
    Your Cheshire/Manchester ‘rant’ appears to be a tad ‘conspiracy theory’ to me.
    Untypical of you and anyway, both Earps and Broad come from Nottingham which only those from the ‘Deep South’ (along with the venue selectors for the next Ashes series) would ever consider ‘northern’ or Manchester centric.
    Was Bothams walk sports related? It was carried out by a former sports great, but he wasn't competing in a sport while doing it.

Lewis Hamilton apparently gave 20million to charity last year, but that wasn't likely to be why he had won SPOTY before.

The charitable largesse of these people (including Sinfield) is amazing but I don't think it's a defining act to win a sports performance award.

We must differ in opinion whilst respecting one another's perspective.

As for Mank bias the tongue was in the cheek but I don't think Earp being from Nottingham is relevant. I believe she plays for Manure Feminista. Anyway it doesn't matter...

I agree with much of that Gunt, and have expressed a similar opinion on here myself however, unless you’re suggesting that only those who have been or are top level footballers can offer a valid opinion on...top level football then, imo, you don’t have a point.
    I doubt very much that anyone on here could call themselves a ‘top level’ footballer but we all have plenty to say so why shouldn’t women offer an opinion that’s just as valid? Personally I found your comments utterly disrespectful...especially those aimed at, in your words, ‘blacks’, but then I’d guess, having been given the benefit of the doubt so often, that’s exactly what you intended.
    To be honest, I'm not interested in anything anyone has to say during televised matches including managers and players. I make a cuppa or answer the call of nature at half time both of which I find far more satisfying than watching grids, graphs, diagrams, replays, slo-mos, etc. It just seems to me that there is a sudden and unaccountable excess of women and non-whites. As you say, everyone is entitled to their opinion but equally the viewer is entitled to hear opinions of those that know and have experience of the game rather than those of box tickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    We must differ in opinion whilst respecting one another's perspective.
    Agreed.

To be honest, I'm not interested in anything anyone has to say during televised matches including managers and players. I make a cuppa or answer the call of nature at half time both of which I find far more satisfying than watching grids, graphs, diagrams, replays, slo-mos, etc. It just seems to me that there is a sudden and unaccountable excess of women and non-whites. As you say, everyone is entitled to their opinion but equally the viewer is entitled to hear opinions of those that know and have experience of the game rather than those of box tickers.
    While you’re being honest you may just wish to accept your prejudices.
    It’s clear that you are the single most - possibly only - racist ‘contributor’ on here with your regular disrespectful anti black and anti Muslim comments. It’s also clear that, while you may enjoy watching women play, you have scant respect for their opinions.
    That makes no sense because their are plenty of successful male pundits and even managers who haven’t played at the ‘highest level’.
    I see you’re now saying you don’t even bother with the half time punditry and yet you’re still banging on about women and black ‘box tickers’.
    All seems a little bit sinister to me. I think most on here are now uncomfortably aware of your ‘agenda’.

While you’re being honest you may just wish to accept your prejudices.
    It’s clear that you are the single most - possibly only - racist ‘contributor’ on here with your regular disrespectful anti black and anti Muslim comments. It’s also clear that, while you may enjoy watching women play, you have scant respect for their opinions.
    That makes no sense because their are plenty of successful male pundits and even managers who haven’t played at the ‘highest level’.
    I see you’re now saying you don’t even bother with the half time punditry and yet you’re still banging on about women and black ‘box tickers’.
    All seems a little bit sinister to me. I think most on here are now uncomfortably aware of your ‘agenda’.
    One thing I agree with *unt on is the fact that I took never listen to mid match or post match punditry. I'll listen to manger/player interviews perhaps but the "gang of four" debate - regardless of gender or skin tone - always triggers off making tea, taking a leak or flipping channels. All an utter waste of breath and my eartime.

On half time activity, years ago when 'streams' started being available, I'm talking getting on 20 years, one streamer I used used to switch his feed to **** for the half time break...

anyway enough of that..and I am totally anti football streaming these days..honest.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)