+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Walsall Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    We can't afford to carry him while he tries to get match fit again which is what we're doing. I don't care if he played in the Premiership or not. I think we need to call it quits as he ain't going to be fit enough to cope with league football anytime soon nevermind in the next 2 weeks.

What on earth was Cameron doing for their 1st?? He never once looks around, if he had he'd have noticed Nemane was trying his hardest to mark someone he had no chance of out jumping!!!
    I couldn’t work out why Nemane was in that position. I suppose he was trying to do what a genuine left wing back should, but he’s not built for defending the centre of the box. Cameron was nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Love your confidence building technique��
    What's the point in keeping players who are just not good enough. And also the signing players who are recovering from injuries. Its a business we are running, not some benevolent fund for the permanently crocked..

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    I couldn’t work out why Nemane was in that position. I suppose he was trying to do what a genuine left wing back should, but he’s not built for defending the centre of the box. Cameron was nowhere.
    Both Nemane and Jones are wingers, not wing backs. Its about time LW realised that and started to play people in there natural position..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Both Nemane and Jones are wingers, not wing backs. Its about time LW realised that and started to play people in there natural position..
    Not sure about that both excelled at WB last season.

Playing a player higher up doesnt mean it will work either.

We set up as a 3421 system that is what we are signing players to fit this is what Man City do get players who fit the system as believe it or not it works !!

You talk as if its easy job it isnt that is why most get sacked.

We have signed some who dont look good enough but that happens to all clubs and once players have a contract its not as simple as "transfer lost" them.

What's the point in keeping players who are just not good enough. And also the signing players who are recovering from injuries. Its a business we are running, not some benevolent fund for the permanently crocked..
    Who is permanently crocked? Randall is probably the closest, and a lot of his issues were due to a car accident. Maybe we should have a part of the recruitment process requiring prospective recruits to be lucky.. a bit like the French army has in it's officer selection process.

I know you know LW knows that but he doesn't want defensive backs, he wants attacking players who just happen to start in that position. But the "We score 4 you score 3" doesn't work when we can't score 4 because there is no play through a strong midfield, we have a weak midfield and the whole team seems to be confused because plan A is faltering. You said the other day that you thought LW was a very very good manager, well we'll see these next few weeks wont we.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Not sure about that both excelled at WB last season.

Playing a player higher up doesnt mean it will work either.

We set up as a 3421 system that is what we are signing players to fit this is what Man City do get players who fit the system as believe it or not it works !!

You talk as if its easy job it isnt that is why most get sacked.

We have signed some who dont look good enough but that happens to all clubs and once players have a contract its not as simple as "transfer lost" them.
    Nemane could win the Ballon d'Or and Durham would still claim he is crap. I suspect Jones is going to be in the same bucket now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    Nemane could win the Ballon d'Or and Durham would still claim he is crap. I suspect Jones is going to be in the same bucket now.
    Jones is different class to Nemane. And anyway, Nemane will never win the Ballon d`Or. He is more likely to win the National League player of the week award.

Why the heck do people keep quoting Man City? They have the best players money can buy (generally). Yes, we try to play in a similar style but they have bloody good defenders who are also good in attacking play. All the Man City fans should spend time actually watching their "wing backs" and they will see them getting back into a defensive shape as soon as their play breaks down. Christ on a crutch, I have (had) spikes and starting blocks, skimpy shorts and a teeshirt but Usain Bolt keeps beating me? Nemane tries his best but he is not a defender and generally arrives back in his defensive position 15 yards behind everyone else (only because he is committed forward and isn't the fastest).

And I also fail to see why perfectly legitmate, well mannered and polite comments have to be justified so the selfrighteous on here don't throw a hissy fit.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast