+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Window

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Joe White rumoured to have signed for Stockport.
    Thought it was a bit ominous that we hadn't heard anything - esp as LB was quite confident a few weeks back.

With all Newcastle's injuries, I did wonder if they would recall him

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Thought it was a bit ominous that we hadn't heard anything - esp as LB was quite confident a few weeks back.

With all Newcastle's injuries, I did wonder if they would recall him
    It doesn't seem as if he has been recalled to play for Newcastle. Loaned to Stockport for the second half of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    It doesn't seem as if he has been recalled to play for Newcastle. Loaned to Stockport for the second half of the season?
    Most of you will start to realise these loan players and their clubs are only using the loan system to suit them. Over a hundred years and no loan players were allowed in football and now we have 5 subs in matches and half the team could be on loan?????

The world has gone mad...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Most of you will start to realise these loan players and their clubs are only using the loan system to suit them. Over a hundred years and no loan players were allowed in football and now we have 5 subs in matches and half the team could be on loan?????

The world has gone mad...
    For the final time, the loan system benefits all parties. Your way would prevent any young player ever playing the game unless their name was Best or Greaves. You are so far behind the times in your attitudes we need a telescope to see you!!

This is such depressing news. I half expected him to move on but to a higher level team but Stockport?? How does that benefit White?
    So, I'm hoping that we also have some players in waiting for New Year's Day rather than at the end of January.
    We definitely need a hard frost.

Is he still available for the next two games or has he been recalled?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    For the final time, the loan system benefits all parties. Your way would prevent any young player ever playing the game unless their name was Best or Greaves. You are so far behind the times in your attitudes we need a telescope to see you!!
    No, if people could just use their own brains and think how this game used to be played without one academy in sight or loan players anywhere. They would realise that football is like any other sport in that its natural talent that dictates what level you can play at. If you are brilliant like Greaves or Best, yoi get to play in the PL without ever playing in an academy. Ditto, Div 2, Div 3, National League, local league, school football etc etc etc etc..

Its not me out of touch, its most of you on here that thinks football started when Dario came to Crewe and then we went downhill as we sold all our best players...ie if you were good enough, you played higher, academies had nowt to do with anything and are basically run by amateurs who never played this game at a high level..Meanwhile another 10 million was wasted over the last 10 years and if that was FA money, then its their hardluck...How much does Barrow pay their players? Its all top secret and you will never get to know but George Ray was sacked here for not being good enough. Loans only benefit the player sitting at home on match days as they are not good enough for first team football. And so any club will do...
    Last edited by MikeSB; 23-12-2023 at 07:35 PM.

No, if people could just use their own brains and think how this game used to be played without one academy in sight or loan players anywhere. They would realise that football is like any other sport in that its natural talent that dictates what level you can play at. If you are brilliant like Greaves or Best, yoi get to play in the PL without ever playing in an academy. Ditto, Div 2, Div 3, National League, local league, school football etc etc etc etc..

Its not me out of touch, its most of you on here that thinks football started when Dario came to Crewe and then we went downhill as we sold all our best players...ie if you were good enough, you played higher, academies had nowt to do with anything and are basically run by amateurs who never played this game at a high level..Meanwhile another 10 million was wasted over the last 10 years and if that was FA money, then its their hardluck...How much does Barrow pay their players? Its all top secret and you will never get to know but George Ray was sacked here for not being good enough. Loans only benefit the player sitting at home on match days as they are not good enough for first team football. And so any club will do...
    I'm done. No point in talking to someone so far entrenched in the 1920s that they can't see beyond the end of their nose. Football started over 100 years ago. Like everything else, it has evolved.

Just a few facts for you MikeSB, loan deals started in 1967, by my calculation 56 years ago, not as you allude to them to be a relatively modern happening. George Ray turned down the offer of a new contract offered by Crewe in 2019 and was not sacked. Over the years we have had a few duds admittedly but we have also had full internationals come to town who I would say by definition were more than good enough for first team football.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast