+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Window

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Just a few facts for you MikeSB, loan deals started in 1967, by my calculation 56 years ago, not as you allude to them to be a relatively modern happening. George Ray turned down the offer of a new contract offered by Crewe in 2019 and was not sacked. Over the years we have had a few duds admittedly but we have also had full internationals come to town who I would say by definition were more than good enough for first team football.
    This is exactly right. All of it. If White goes, it opens the door for someone else to come in and help us and gives us, the fans, a chance to see another young player beginning his journey

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I'm done. No point in talking to someone so far entrenched in the 1920s that they can't see beyond the end of their nose. Football started over 100 years ago. Like everything else, it has evolved.
    No again that is delusion.

Football has not evolved except for better pitches and fitter players. Footballers ability has not evolved regarding skills as few today could hit a caseball like Bobby Charlton or head a ball like Frank Lord and nobody as surpassed even close the number of hat tricks the latter scored here. Why is that?

However, I'm not done, I will keep telling the facts of football and not dreaming like fans seem to nowadays and would think their age would enlighten them more based on those facts. We have spent arguably 10 million pounds on our academy in the last ten years and so what has the club achieved in that period? If nobody answers, I will still keep posting, so hard luck...

This is exactly right. All of it. If White goes, it opens the door for someone else to come in and help us and gives us, the fans, a chance to see another young player beginning his journey
    RE:MSB. Please, do not engage/respond or even (as I do) even read his poorly constructed posts, It’s pointless.
    Having witnessed, albeit from a distance, the massive change in management style, recruitment etc, I don’t believe for one minute that irons are not in the fire re January.

Just a few facts for you MikeSB, loan deals started in 1967, by my calculation 56 years ago, not as you allude to them to be a relatively modern happening. George Ray turned down the offer of a new contract offered by Crewe in 2019 and was not sacked. Over the years we have had a few duds admittedly but we have also had full internationals come to town who I would say by definition were more than good enough for first team football.
    You also know that in the long ago past that we signed first division footballers who had aged twards 30....Even Dario signed a lot of established players alongside some younger players. Then Dario's head went and he thought the club could exist mainly with academy graduates. We are still a mid to lower table 4th division club despite all the money that has been spent on the academy, the category that almost no club in L1 and L2 want or desire. Why have we got one then when we could have Cat3 or Cat3 which would cost two thirds less money and only train older young men. And see the results sooner and get rid of the number of coaches we need here..

I cannot remember loan players starting that long ago and so who did we sign back then on loan?

Anyway, the more elevated the club, the more they can expect to sign better loanees and the lower the club like us, the worse comparitively the players are and why they are just kids really and they cannot possibly to be suitable to play in goal at that age and why I posted some facts again as what age the better goalkeeprs are. Of course nobody on here deals in facts...
    Last edited by MikeSB; 23-12-2023 at 10:25 PM.

We may as well get our own GK back who is on loan in Scotland...He must be better than the ones we have here..

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    RE:MSB. Please, do not engage/respond or even (as I do) even read his poorly constructed posts, It’s pointless.
    Having witnessed, albeit from a distance, the massive change in management style, recruitment etc, I don’t believe for one minute that irons are not in the fire re January.
    Just my opinion. You as always are talking rubbish. My posts are always articulate and well thought out and are very factual. I will respond to any BS posted like that...

We need experienced footballers, not starters, unless we are non league...I would not pay to see kids playing professional football but that's just me...27 quid to watch academy players? No way...

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...ally-all-begin

Depends on the sentence, loan deals..

The link about shows them to start around 2000 between leagues re Bosman Transfer rules..

Please get your facts right and name me a player that signed on loan for us from a higher league club before that date?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post

The link about shows them to start around 2000 between leagues re Bosman Transfer rules..

Please get your facts right and name me a player that signed on loan for us from a higher league club before that date?
    Also if you read that link you will see that the FA condemned the use of loan players for a long time as being unfair. So why is it accepted now in this so called progressive age? Was unfair and now its not?

Its obvious its unfair as the better supported clubs will get the better choice of loanee...Anyone to Stockport?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post

How about Bruce Grobbellar who you you might recall, loaned to us in the1979-80 season from Vancouver Whitecaps, Zimbabwean International, coincidentally a goalkeeper. Fact.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast