+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Window

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Various press reports from the North East. The general idea is that he is staying with Newcastle and probably not going out again.
    Best case scenario is that he makes one appearance for them and then is sent back to us at the end of the month. He can only play for a maximum of 2 clubs in a season. Therefore, if he made an appearance for the Toon, he would not be able to be loaned to anyone else, except the Alex.
    Fingers crossed!

Apparently the Alex are interested in 22 year old Austerfield, a midfielder from Huddersfield. This would be his 5th loan, last time out to Morecambe.

So Josh Austerfield signs. So we've at least got 2 midfielders and Colkett available.

Not a new signing but good to see Billington has had his contract extended by a year with an option for a further 12 months. Well deserved and not before time.
    Amazing, the number of defenders the Alex are churning out. Remember the times when all that came out of the academy were endless 5'9" midfielders?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Not a new signing but good to see Billington has had his contract extended by a year with an option for a further 12 months. Well deserved and not before time.
    Amazing, the number of defenders the Alex are churning out. Remember the times when all that came out of the academy were endless 5'9" midfielders?
    Good news, he's deserved that ...

... and smart move by the Club !!

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Good news, he's deserved that ...

... and smart move by the Club !!
    I wonder what the release is? Talking of which, I never expected O’Riordan to be still with us, and I think Billington could be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    I wonder what the release is?
    The Club seem to be a lot wiser business-wise these days - my guess would be 750K/£1m (?)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Talking of which, I never expected O’Riordan to be still with us, and I think Billington could be even better.
    Me too (pleasantly) surprised with O'Riordan - all the media talk was that he would be gone on Jan 1st. I really rate him, he reminds me of Roy McFarland - and I think he has learnt a lot from Mickey D.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    The Club seem to be a lot wiser business-wise these days - my guess would be 750K/£1m (?)

Me too (pleasantly) surprised with O'Riordan - all the media talk was that he would be gone on Jan 1st. I really rate him, he reminds me of Roy McFarland - and I think he has learnt a lot from Mickey D.
    People saying on Facebook there is no release clause in Billo's contract.

Read somewhere that O'Riordans release clause is the last one. Relic of Mr Artell, I'm afraid.

Are we done now with incoming?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast