+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edinburgh City

Edinburgh City

Really sad to hear that Edinburgh City haven’t paid their players for weeks and aren’t expecting to pay them before Christmas resulting in some refusing to play for the club.

Good chance they’ll play their youngsters against Queens this weekend.

That's a real shame for the Edinburgh club.

However, - Queens must be extremely professional and ignore the plight of others and concentrate on their own.

They must get the game won, - then pull back on the throttle and control the ball, - making sure they stay injury free.

Back to the rollercoaster but which Queens will turn up on Saturday. Marvin's job is to instill consistency into the performances so same as last week please and excite the loyal, tortured home supporters as an early Christmas present.🙏🙏

We could easily have had six in this game and I thought that McClelland and Reilly were the outstanding players.

Oh and Lewis is a little gem as was his stunning goal. He just needs to be a bit more consistent in my view.

We still managed to play the roller coaster today!

Comfortably 3-0 at half time (or should have been) then we struggled a bit in the second half, and Edinburgh could easily have forced a 2-2 draw.

Agree with the choice of players above but for me, wee Lee had another outstanding game.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    We still managed to play the roller coaster today!

Comfortably 3-0 at half time (or should have been) then we struggled a bit in the second half, and Edinburgh could easily have forced a 2-2 draw.

Agree with the choice of players above but for me, wee Lee had another outstanding game.
    Yes Lee was very good today and it was our pace when breaking from deep that caused them problems all day. We did lose control of the midfield once Cochrane hobbled off and was surprised that Todd was not the replacement but then again he may have been struggling with his fitness. Another three points and a win at home to be thankful for.

We had to win and we did. Agree with the sponsors MOM I think McClelland has plenty of potential I hope he makes an impact at Hibs.
    I thought Edinburghs number 7 I think had something about him. Maybe worth watching.
    We weren't super but happy to take the 3 points.

A welcome 3 points but it is difficult to judge how good a performance it was as Edinburgh had a lot of young players today. We certainly should have converted some of the other chances we created to make life easier. 4 good goals on show today particularly Gibson's which came at exactly the right time. I agree with qosdreamer regarding their no.7, thought he looked promising but at the same time I also thought both our full backs were poor.

These highlights show that Queens should have had far more goals on Saturday with a dominant display.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbNBSyQBues

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)