+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: League Cup Final 2023

I’m with you. I think Shinnie has at least another season in him, but without Rama he’s very exposed. Which is why you really want Barron alongside him. But that then doubles down on the whole back 5 thing as then you’re left without much creativity. So would only work if the wing backs are really up the pitch.

In that world Clarkson has a lot of freedom to do his thing. But you’re down to only 1 striker plus McGrath or no McGrath at all.

Which brings us back to 4-4-2 or 4-3-3

If I were Robson I’d go with 5-2-1-2 against teams who are clearly superior and 4 at the back against the rest.

The thing with yesterday is it was not at all clear the Hun were superior.

Couldn’t really be bothered coming on here yesterday after getting home from the final as I knew the usual suspects would crawl out from underneath their rocks because we lost.

The performance wasn’t as bad as folk are making out.Never had a shot on target because the final ball wasn’t good enough. The one decent ball in and Sokler misses when he should have buried it.

Shinnie gets a lot of stick these days but he’s contributing more to the team than Clarkson is.Clarkson has been poor this season and I would have Barron in the team before him.Polvara to me isn’t ready to be a first pick as he generally disappears in most games.

After watching it back we should have had at least two penalties yet they never checked it through var because they don’t want to give a penalty against the Huns.The game is so corrupt in Scotland they can’t even be bothered to hide it.

I can’t see the problem with Robsons comments after the game either he’s right enough.

The problem is the constant excuses. He comes across as always having a list of excuses as long as your arm. But sometimes it’s actually just that we didn’t turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Couldn’t really be bothered coming on here yesterday after getting home from the final as I knew the usual suspects would crawl out from underneath their rocks because we lost.

The performance wasn’t as bad as folk are making out.Never had a shot on target because the final ball wasn’t good enough. The one decent ball in and Sokler misses when he should have buried it.

Shinnie gets a lot of stick these days but he’s contributing more to the team than Clarkson is.Clarkson has been poor this season and I would have Barron in the team before him.Polvara to me isn’t ready to be a first pick as he generally disappears in most games.

After watching it back we should have had at least two penalties yet they never checked it through var because they don’t want to give a penalty against the Huns.The game is so corrupt in Scotland they can’t even be bothered to hide it.

I can’t see the problem with Robsons comments after the game either he’s right enough.
    No it wasn't as bad as is being made out. We were well in the game but our execution with the ball was terrible. Heart sank a bit seeing Hayes in the team, as he doesn't have the legs to play that wing back role, as it's ***** our full backs get up to support on the counter. We played two strikers, which was positive, but we never gave them the service. Sokler buries his chance, it's a different story. Poor individual performances let us down more than tactics imo.

Couldn't really be bothered being one of the usual suspects but I guess I am

To know I irritate the life out of you is the only small comfort I get from this board!

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    Couldn't really be bothered being one of the usual suspects but I guess I am

To know I irritate the life out of you is the only small comfort I get from this board!
    It’s a lot of time and effort traveling around the country supporting the Dons.

You should try it sometime instead of watching all the games on a dodgy fire stick.

You don’t really irritate me I just prefer it when we win because you never bother posting when we do.

It’s a lot of time and effort traveling around the country supporting the Dons.

You should try it sometime instead of watching all the games on a dodgy fire stick.

You don’t really irritate me I just prefer it when we win because you never bother posting when we do.
    When there's a wife and kids then travelling around the country as you do (much applause) then it's very difficult.

I did my season ticket days when I was younger and spunked a fair wad travelling as you do now so I've served my time.

How's about I'll watch the games any way I choose and comment whenever I choose also?

If that's not working for you then I guess you'll just have to deal with it.

For me Shinnie is the least of our worries. We can all see Hayes is the shadow of the player he was, but we didn't concede until he had left the pitch. He is still useful off the bench, but the injury to McGarry is possibly still seeing him as a starter.

Signing Shinnie last January kick-started our season and hoping an additional midfielder in January can support Shinnie as he did with Ramadani last season and free Clarkson to do what he does best.

I don't think we are too far away from getting this system he insists on playing right.

What was the violent conduct that they were meant to be checking after the goalkeeper fouled Duk in final minute ?
    Only thing I could see was one of the h*ns seemed to throw a headbutt at Duk but missed.

OR

Perhaps they are basically saying we are not giving you a penalty against rangers despite it being a penalty but to make up for it we are not sending off one of your players so Rangers win and we ( and rangers ) are happy and you don't go down to 10 men so should be grateful

We had a great chance to win that but bottled the big moments. Very little in the game considering the gulf in budgets. We just didn’t have the composure at the key times to take advantage and that was more worrying for me than anything else. Felt the game was too big for a few players. Our passing and first touches at times are embarrassing for professional players.
    I don’t have an issue with Robson’s team on the whole, assuming Hayes only started as doubt over McGarry’s fitness. Played Sokler and Miovski when most thought he’d be defensive and play 1 of them.
    Badly need minimum 12 points from next 5 games though or the season will be a disaster as first 4 games after the split could be the end for Robson if we’re not well up the league.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678