+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens Park (a) 22nd Dec

There is currently a lot more wrong than just Docherty no playing , never seen so many players without the brains to bend a run to stay inside for starters , Goodwin really needs to rethink his plans as well , there is no plan B , simply changing personnel but playing the same system is unbelievable, what’s that saying about the definition of madness

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Just a poor spell really, probably a few factors all playing a part, certainly isn't a time to be turning on managers and the like, just shows how fickle fans can be

Only Raith being excellent too is keeping us currently off the top, all about perspective and perception

Tonight isn't good enough all the same but our fans have a habit of going ott in the negative sense, it's not quite as bad as recent reactions but that doesn't mean we should be happy with the current lean spell (dropping pts in 3 of the last 8 league games)

I think we win this league but it's gonna require everyone getting on side, embracing the battle with Raith , also gonna need the team pulling themselves into form again and then the confidence will come back, also 2-3 smart additions in January as we can't rely on Docherty's fitness and he is a big miss to this team every time he doesn't start just now
    You have a habit of talking shyte. You did it all last season even with the blindingly obvious staring you in the face. You harp on about stats all the time but you just cannot see the wood for the trees. This team is only going backwards and has been for weeks. The manager has a proven track record of failing to arrest the slump. The owner is gonna spend f*ck all in January just like last year. The sum total of all of that is that we will be in this division again next season.

The owner should have sold up end of last season , therein is THE problem

[QUOTE=shedka;40412872]Just a poor spell really, probably a few factors all playing a part, certainly isn't a time to be turning on managers and the like, just shows how fickle fans can be

Only Raith being excellent too is keeping us currently off the top, all about perspective and perception

"Raith being excellent" ???
    Did they not just draw at home against a team down to 10 men early doors???

They are decent at this level. Unfortunately for us, a good bit better.

What I get very disappointed with is fans who didn't offer any praise when we were top unbeaten but now we're having a sticky spell can't wait to put the boot in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    What I get very disappointed with is fans who didn't offer any praise when we were top unbeaten but now we're having a sticky spell can't wait to put the boot in.
    Shame our players can't put the boot in a bit more tbh.

All any of us want is a winning team. We know they can't win every game but they have to at least try to. The ambling around the pitch shrugging shoulders instead of rolling their sleeves up and actually giving a damn is not going to garner much praise from the fans.

I think we have become very predictable to play against. When we were flying, everything was coming off. Now, we are lacking confidence. Middleton the perfect example of this. Imagination is lacking and all of our attacking players are afraid of making mistakes. We did miss 2 or 3 great chances tonight and in my view should have had a penalty.

Positives. We haven't lost ground. We looked comfortable defensively. Raith arclosing sheds of goals. It is a good time to have a bad spell with the window about to open

Negatives. We are in a bad spell and seem to be making the same mistakes over and over whilst hoping for a different result. We have lost our clinical edge in front of goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    I'm sure there was plenty praise at the time Stoke. And I'm not seeing too many folk sticking the boot in. I'm just seeing fans getting really frustrated about the way the team is being set up, playing, and general commitement.

What worries me the most though is, I'm getting a groundhog day feeling, that this might not just be a wee sticky spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Shame our players can't put the boot in a bit more tbh.

All any of us want is a winning team. We know they can't win every game but they have to at least try to. The ambling around the pitch shrugging shoulders instead of rolling their sleeves up and actually giving a damn is not going to garner much praise from the fans.
    Very much in this camp. I know where we lie in the new order of world football but to proclaim to be a professional football player and then produce that is akin to breach of contract

Your first sentence says it all , teams have worked us out , sit deep plenty men behind the ball and we struggle to break them down , zero creativity and no clue how to breakdown a tight defence

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)