Many years ago i was in a hotel in Majorca that had an advert for an up coming Majorca game v Rayo Vallecano so i went, good game too. Which brings to mind Uniteds sandwich board era, that im sure there would be many volunteers to sandwich board roundabouts through out the city.

This will mean that United wont have to buy advertising space on buses or in town, or have Micheal Morrisons face staring at you in Tesco.

With some wag spray painting 0-60 in a, an hour. United could pay Sandwich boarders with a sandwich, irony there, and a stamp book that could be stamped for every day spent sandwich boarding, with 60 stamps getting you a free ticket to a reserve game.

Oh there isnt one.

Talking of the City, the website has given up on match reports, oh, on the losing ones anyway. Those that are there say how diabolical their defeats are, there was the dip in the pitch at Coleshill recently to blame.

Plus the ref, bad luck. I look foward to reading the report on losing to deadbeats Coventry Sphinx.

Relegation looks a possibility, with a glorious new stadium weeks away. Something is very wrong.

Maybe its a miracle the club still play semi pro football with all the money going on the ground. Who knows. This surely is the darkest night before the morn.

The night that fell 50 years ago, or was it more. Full marks to the owner.