+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ' no shortage of effort'

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes Limp Biscuit has to go
    Great description...clearance kick out last night like a girl.

The team looks shell shocked to me, and no wonder considering how this season is panning out. I'm trying (with difficulty) to stay "glass half full" so I'm prepared to view the perceived lack of effort as shattered confidence. Both scenarios are pretty grim, but there may be a chink of light if it's more of a confidence thing. If Richardson can get the team on his side and buy into his ideas then we may see a turnaround in "effort", performance and (hopefully!) results.

Like Brin says, we were trying to pass it around a bit more on Tuesday. Baggies not playing a high press and letting us get on with it certainly helped, but I'd like to see more. It can only help, and we will get better if we persevere.

There's no easy way out of this mess but I can't see any point in spreading gloomy “something rotten in the state of Denmark” conspiracy theories. Try to stay positive. Things could be much worse. Get behind the lads.

Yet another "Look at me" IBS thread,how about supporting the club for once ?

At least IBS starts some threads to get a discussion board having discussions.
    I do think he is being too hard on people with this one though, LR hasn't been left with a lot. What is it that MT said, something like he doesn't think anyone can do better with that group!! Well MT the coaches were yours, a lot of the signings were under your watch and even though it is small amounts the club broke its transfer record twice for you and actually broke the £1m mark for the first time. I think in the coming months and in 2024 we will see how poor a manager MT was for us, but we will see. The best teams in this era tend to have very good full backs that can play as traditional full backs or come into midfield or play more as wing backs, we do not have strength in that area. On the right we have a 37 year old (who does give a lot) or a 20 year old loanee on the left we have anoth young loanee or Bramall (blows hot and cold). If we strengthen in that area in January i think we will see a step change in improvement, whether it is enough to stay up I doubt but it is about showing fight a to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Yet another "Look at me" IBS thread,how about supporting the club for once ?
    There are different ways of supporting the club.

Who is the better parent, the one who heaps praise on their kid, while they are going off the rails or the one who holds them to task and points out their failings.

My club is in massive trouble.

I haven't give up on this season yet. 3-5-2 only way to go. I'd drop Dext Bramall. Lindsay depends if he's more match fit than he's shown it not Odoffin in midfield. Mcguckin I'd try at right wing back.

Victor

3 from Peltier Morrison Hall Ayala Odoffin

Mcguckin Odoffin or Lindsay Teihi Rathbone Revan

Nombe Hugill

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Mcguckin I'd try at right wing back.
    Why would you play a forward with barely any experience at right wing back?

Hearing there is a glimmer of hope and the club has been thrown a lifeline???

Not sure if Brin has any info?

Possible investor perhaps? Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Why would you play a forward with barely any experience at right wing back?

Who else we got who can play there? He looked a strong mobile player in the pre-season friendly's.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    There are different ways of supporting the club.

Who is the better parent, the one who heaps praise on their kid, while they are going off the rails or the one who holds them to task and points out their failings.

My club is in massive trouble.
    ibs, it’s that time. Your posts of late have, pricked, prodded and poked those running the club from all angles.

You ARE the all seeing eye on here, not gru, who sees all the good, bad and the ugly within our beloved club.

Please layout your master plan for us all to read that can get us out of this mess to save our season….. oh by the way, Merry Xmas to you and your family. 😉

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast