+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Was wondering about batteries

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Deffo difference between dual carriageway and single carriageway driving is not appreciated. I think lorries should be able to go at 60 on all the A9.
    The 50 limit is an absolute disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I agree with most of your post but can't agree that accidents are caused by the road or road conditions. Road accidents are caused by people and particularly how individuals drive on roads or in road conditions. I consider myself a pretty safe driver and have been up and down the A9 countless times. I've only had one near miss caused by an idiot pulling out on me into the road at a junction when it wasn't safe to do so, fortunately my brakes were good and there was nothing coming in the other direction.

There's also a massive difference between driving today and driving in the 1970s, cars are much faster and more powerful in general now and there are significantly more of them for starters. The A9, particularly the single carriageway sections, isn't designed to be driven on the same way as we drive on the M9 but some people think they can just tank up and down overtaking without adequate care.
    I agree with. However before the improvements to the A9 in the early 1970’s the road from Dunkeld to Pitlochry was a shocker and driving through Pitlochry took a while due to heavy traffic in both directions.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I agree with. However before the improvements to the A9 in the early 1970’s the road from Dunkeld to Pitlochry was a shocker and driving through Pitlochry took a while due to heavy traffic in both directions.
    Yes, bypasses have brought considerable benefits however just compare the decline of Pitlochry and the rise of House of Bruar.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Yes, bypasses have brought considerable benefits however just compare the decline of Pitlochry and the rise of House of Bruar.
    Prior to the bypass of Pitlochry it was often difficult to find a parking place due to the Main Street in Pitlochry being jammed up with nose to nose traffic in both directions.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)