+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accrington

Accrington

So MORE injuries, not fewer!!! At least we've got spare CHs!! Long MAY be ready for Barrow. Tabs MAY be ready for January. Colkett plays 45 minutes and has tight hamstring!
    Anyway, I think Saturday will be another laboured affair so can't see any improvement on 1-1.
    I'm not complaining, we had a great start to the season which has spoilt us, I think. The squad size and experience is a bit thin. The players that have remained fit enough to play have soldiered on magnificently. This is the time of year when the Alex, historically, struggle only to recover in Spring. Maybe my pre-season prediction of 9th is not too pessimistic.

Hoping that the players respond to the midweek defeat ...

Normal service to be resumed, and a comfortable 3-1 win

Crowd 5003

FGS Nev

Wouldn't be surprised to see 3-5-2/5-3-2 at the start

Gone very quiet on here re: predictions. Not sure if that means the Alex are predictable or not!😀
    Come and have a go if you think you're smart enough!😉

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Gone very quiet on here re: predictions. Not sure if that means the Alex are predictable or not!��
    Come and have a go if you think you're smart enough!��
    2-0 Alex.
    No O’Riorden as he’s rumoured to be off to Blackburn.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Gone very quiet on here re: predictions. Not sure if that means the Alex are predictable or not!😀
    Come and have a go if you think you're smart enough!😉
    2-2. Can't see us winning this one. Squad is being stretched to its limits.

Going for a 1-2 loss I'm afraid. I think that we have hit the buffers and without naming names there are too many individual mistakes occurring.Well I will actually, it's got to be time to give Booth a run of games, or are we restricted by Liverpool's terms of his loan? I can remember Dario saying how a good goalkeeper was worth X amount of points per season, I think that he was talking about Kearton or Ince. Another major factor is the lack of able bodies, I know that virtually every other team has this happen, but earlier in the season Belly was not afraid of making plenty of substitutions which on a few occasions, in my mind, strengthened the team, not weakened it and got us over the finishing line. This is impossible to do at the moment. The bench is threadbare. Roll on January, but hang on, it looks like we may have one or two in the departure lounge. A very negative post I know, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Going for a 1-2 loss I'm afraid. I think that we have hit the buffers and without naming names there are too many individual mistakes occurring.
    Perhaps our first-place finish has been derailed somewhat - perhaps there have been too many sleepers in the team recently ...

... hopefully we can get back on track this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    ... it's got to be time to give Booth a run of games, or are we restricted by Liverpool's terms of his loan? I can remember Dario saying how a good goalkeeper was worth X amount of points per season, I think that he was talking about Kearton or Ince.
    Brian Clough always recognised a good goalkeeper. He tried to sign Peter Shilton when he was at Derby, and when he moved to Forest Shilts was one of his first signings. He reckoned that he was worth a 'goal-a-game'

Bringing Booth into the side could benefit both keepers in the longer-term

Wow, this team never gives up ...

Well done, Nev !!!

Good at scoring in the last few minutes of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Wow, this team never gives up ...

Well done, Nev !!!
    Yes we are good recently at scoring in the last few minutes, but what an idiot to get sent off in a tight game in the closing minutes of the match.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast