+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Charlton Athletic

It's a game that on paper we should be winning but I don't see it unfortunately. Its a struggle to get going at Oakwell this season. We seem to struggle to break defensive teams down despite our patient approach play. On the other hand, teams that come and attack us, we can't seem to contain either.

Depends on Charlton and how they approach the game how this one pans out I think

Name:  IMG_8506.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  17.6 KB

Barnsley: Roberts; Williams, De Gevigney, McCart; O’Keeffe, Kane, Connell, Phillips, Dodgson; Cole, Cosgrove.
    Subs: Killip, Russell, Lopata, Jalo, Watters, McAttee.

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer (GK), Thomas, Dobson (c), Hector, May, Fraser, Edun, T.Watson, Blackett-Taylor, C.Campbell, Tedic.
    Subs: Walker (GK), Mbick, Asiimwe, Kanu, Elekwe, L.Watson, T.Campbell.

Roberts back from injury so replaces Killip. Cadden out injured so Dodgson in. Watters and McAtee on bench.
    No Styles

If we manage a win today we'll have achieved our highest points total after 20 games since1978/79 season.

Tedic starts for Charlton presumably because Leaburn is unfit which is good news for our back three .

Just realised 3 points a win didn’t start until 1981 lol.

Russian linesman anyone ?

Got away with one there didn't we ?

Well taken by Phillips mind .

1st Half
    It didn’t look like a goal - the ball seemed to be well over the line - and their player stopped running probably thinking it was a goal kick.

Other than that - nowt much to report.
    We still look disorganised in defence - so no change there.
    Dodgson looks a decent player.
    Philips and Kane are more visible.
    Williams having a poor game.
    Charlton look decent - and could be really good if their final pass was better.

Well that's 94 minutes of my life I won't get back .

Painful to watch .

Very frustrating again at home after being gifted a goal without taking advantage. A missed opportunity to get back in the mix.

Collins and his mates need to take good long look at that right hand side.
    Appleton knew where our weakest problem is and they worked on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    1st Half
    It didn’t look like a goal - the ball seemed to be well over the line - and their player stopped running probably thinking it was a goal kick.

Other than that - nowt much to report.
    We still look disorganised in defence - so no change there.
    Dodgson looks a decent player.
    Philips and Kane are more visible.
    Williams having a poor game.
    Charlton look decent - and could be really good if their final pass was better.
    2nd Half
    Williams continued to have a poor game - the low point being his header backwards that dropped nicely for their striker to run onto and score.

Its clear IMO that Barnsley have the players to win games like this.
    But there’s something wrong at Barnsley - there are patches that shows that players are shying away from responsibility.
    This is evident for example when players are tip tapping the ball between each other out on the wing - no one with the confidence to put the ball into the middle.

I’m starting to believe that either the HC has lost the dressing room - or the players are frightened to death of the HC.
    Something just ain’t right.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    2nd Half
    Williams continued to have a poor game - the low point being his header backwards that dropped nicely for their striker to run onto and score.

Its clear IMO that Barnsley have the players to win games like this.
    But there’s something wrong at Barnsley - there are patches that shows that players are shying away from responsibility.
    This is evident for example when players are tip tapping the ball between each other out on the wing - no one with the confidence to put the ball into the middle.

I’m starting to believe that either the HC has lost the dressing room - or the players are frightened to death of the HC.
    Something just ain’t right.
    Just how much influence do you think the coaching staff have on players during games ?

I'll give you a clue out of 10 , it's about a 4 .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast