+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad MatchThread - Plymouth v The MILLERS

MillersMad MatchThread - Plymouth v The MILLERS

The true era of Richrdson begins today! The players have played well in parts this season but have lost their way! Could this be the starting point of something new?????

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way.
    Oh what fun it will be to see Rotherham win away. HAY!

It is the season to be jolly as they say, as I say and the more folk enjoy their day the more jolly it becomes!

In the threads this week there was a touching one that reminded me very much of Duke, the guy this board was named after. As a lot will know cancer took his life but still whilst he was ill he was posting the MatchThread still had a sense of humour right until the very end.
    Thai, if my memory serves is one of the long lasting participents of the Matchthread, He's been there when BigRich used to somehow attach the comms of the match through the Match thread. At one point there would be a couple of hundred logged on to a matchthread and they had to be divided into the first half and second half due to the number of posts. They were the times before ifollow when this board meant so much to so many regarding getting up to date action duing the match. Duke took it to another level! He often took his laptop to the match and gave us real life action. They were different times but yet so recent!

Thai I salute you bravery! If you don't mind though, I'll carry on taking the pîss if necessary and having a laugh during the MatchThread.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!
    Last edited by frogmiller; 16-12-2023 at 12:47 PM.

Neither side has won away all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Neither side has won away all season.
    Problem is Plymouth are at home !

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Problem is Plymouth are at home !
    Yeah, played on a neutral ground a draw would be nailed on

2-0 millers

Frog, an excellent post and I know Thai(Mick) will nod to it in appreciation.

As for jingle bells and winning g away, a coach load of us are sat in a pub ironically called ‘The Jolly Miller’ not far from the ground. Is this an omen? will we see our first win away this season?

One thing I do know is our lass has had to forfeit her shopping spree in Torquay as I’ve bought her a ticket to the match today. She hates football and the only game she’s ever seen with me, is way back in 84’ when we first met.

According to her we won but she can’t remember who we were playing. She also reckons we’ll win again today because she’s here. I just hope she’s right…. UTM!

Only Ipswich have scored more goals at home than Plymouth which is a slightly frightening statistic given our away form.

Despite that, I've got a feeling we'll see a better performance from the Millers today. I still think we'll lose so I'm going to predict a slightly flattering 2-0 victory to the Pilgrims.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Frog, an excellent post and I know Thai(Mick) will nod to it in appreciation.

As for jingle bells and winning g away, a coach load of us are sat in a pub ironically called ‘The Jolly Miller’ not far from the ground. Is this an omen? will we see our first win away this season?

One thing I do know is our lass has had to forfeit her shopping spree in Torquay as I’ve bought her a ticket to the match today. She hates football and the only game she’s ever seen with me, is way back in 84’ when we first met.

According to her we won but she can’t remember who we were playing. She also reckons we’ll win again today because she’s here. I just hope she’s right…. UTM!
    If we do win it means you need to take her to all the other remaining away games!

TEAM v @Argyle | Johansson, Lembikisa, Bramall, Ayala, Hugill, Lindsay, Rathbone, Peltier, Odoffin, Tiehi, Nombe.

SUBS | Phillips, Revan, Morrison, Hall, Eaves, Kelly, Appiah, McGuckin.

2 up front away! Away win methinks.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast