+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Harrogate Town FC 16.12.23 [EFL L2]

It's becoming the normal now, 72% possession but we are doing sod all with it.
    The amount of touches Stone has had in this half is embarrassing. Things have got to change.

Highlight from the first half was the discussion about mince pies and the remote control owl.

Just very poor, Baldwin looks embarrassed that he has to keep giving it back to Stone (Brindley doesn’t seem to mind). Once we get past the halfway line we look short of ideas. We need to change something but the bench doesn’t look capable of doing that. 🤞

Paul Bolland on comms today I think ?!

Nothing positive to say about that performance so far.

We obviously need fresh players in Jan and hope we are still in the play off places.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Their commentary team…”will Notts change it after half time? No I don’t think they will. It’s all pass backs philosophy.”
    Sideways and backwards. That’s us.
    It's starting to get like how it was near the end of Keith Curle's time as manager with Boucoud constantly passing it sideways and backwards.

Half time we've been crap, no energy, invention but most of all risk taking! No runs past their defence no movement, just pass, pass, pass back to stone then either pass, pass, pass back to stone or stone kicks it back to them. Embarrassing. As Don says, can't see Langstaff and Jones sticking around past next summer if this carries on. What, we lost one important player and now we're crap? There's no way, this is an absolute joke. The main players need to show why they're the main players and the management need to think of something to just get some passion and urgency in the team.

As others have said, needed to sort it the defence last summer, we all knew we needed to, the quality of the attacks in the NL was fairly crap and we always gave away chances, they just didn't take them. This season they are.

Watching the stream in Japan. I thought we were relatively OK for the first 30 mins or so, obviously minus Harrogate's opening goal. We have gradually deteriorated as the game has gone on though.

Our biggest problem IMO is the lack of forward running from midfield. Langstaff has been a spectator, I can see JJ getting increasingly frustrated by the lack of forward options when he tries to get down the wing. Nemane meanwhile looks like he isn't up to this level, which I am sad to say as I was a fan of his last season.

Plus other teams and managers are better, now they have worked out how to play against us then it's getting embarrassing.

Its not all on the defence today in fact I dont blame them for any of the goals.

Our presss and midfield is just getting walked through at will.

He'll change it im sure but not sure what to though !

Notts County fan James Belshaw in goal for Harrogate today (on loan from Bristol Rovers). Making his second debut on loan for Harrogate today. Wonder if he'd be interested in a move back here...

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast