+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Couldn't agree more! After watching the game highlights, there were problems caused before it arrived at Davies's door. This is the case for all three goals. We have conceded enough long-range goals over the last few years to realise that we need to close people down around the box more.
    Nevertheless, the standard of keeping this season has had many negatives and barely any positives.
    As for the booing of players, this is an isolated incident, aimed at an individual who has lost us lots of points, this season. Booing is also the flip side of a great amount of support given the team this season. If you like the latter then accept he right of supporters to express their displeasure as well.
    One more thing, Saturday was (at least) the second occasion this season that the goalkeeper has rushed straight off the pitch at the final whistle. I remember the days of Ben Williams, who after having dropped a clanger, would actually go right up to the fans and engage with them.
    Irrespective of how the ball arrived “at his door”, if he should have then saved it (Derby County, Bristol Rovers and the second and third yesterday to name but a few) then he will be held to be at fault. And as it is now a regular occurrence, he will get stick from certain supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Irrespective of how the ball arrived “at his door”, if he should have then saved it (Derby County, Bristol Rovers and the second and third yesterday to name but a few) then he will be held to be at fault. And as it is now a regular occurrence, he will get stick from certain supporters.
    You did read ALL my post?

You did read ALL my post?
    Yes. And…?

Mike, I do wonder if you are just deliberately antagonist with your posts. Nothing for ages and then, with the greatest respect, just pure drivel.
    Apart from big Arthur, who was as good as we've ever had, then Beadle, who is comfortably holding his own in the division above, the chairman should not be telling the manager eho he should sign. We are a club that benefits from signing other clubs young players as well as developing our own. Joe White is tremendous in midfield, as was Ryan Finnigan last season, its what we are.

And Aaron Rowe

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Yes. And…?
    You seemed to be 'having a go' at what I said in my first paragraph, despite the 2nd, 3rd and 4th paragraphs providing a balance. If I misinterpreted the wording of your reply then I apologise but I have to say it APPEARED to be a little antagonistic in its composition, particularly the 1st sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Mike, I do wonder if you are just deliberately antagonist with your posts. Nothing for ages and then, with the greatest respect, just pure drivel.
    Apart from big Arthur, who was as good as we've ever had, then Beadle, who is comfortably holding his own in the division above, the chairman should not be telling the manager eho he should sign. We are a club that benefits from signing other clubs young players as well as developing our own. Joe White is tremendous in midfield, as was Ryan Finnigan last season, its what we are.
    No, its not being antagonistic. My opinions obviously are well known on here. Most disagree which is fair enough. Its a public forum. Its not actually drivel but based on a long time playing and watching football and using common sense. I don't agree with us spending a million pounds on an academy. I don't agree with signing loan players, ever, I certainly don't agree with signing kids to play in goal where you have wordly wise players in the opposition. They don't have the mental strenth or physical strength to play in the professional leagues and yes you can quote some we have loaned but did they get us promoted or not? They are just hanging about waiting to get a game and we are giving them to them. They owe this club nothing and we are no doubt paying some or all of their wages. The whole purpose of providing that link on GK's was to show people that GK's are better when they are older and not younger. If that is all drivel. Write to them and tell them. It could be that these loan keepers are not suitable or good enough for professional football like we discard academy youngsters. Its clear that they are not good enough and so what is LB going to do about it? I will guess and say nothing..Our fans are clearly not impressed by booing and LB is an idiot for targettting our fans who actually pay good money to watch the games and are clearly entited to cheer or boo. LB sounds to me if he far too close to the players and not the fans. Just my opinion listening to him.

The opposition coaches will clearly tell his players to target the GK as they did on Saturday and that will make the GK feel worse than what he probably does now..

The Chairman runs the club with his BoD...The manager is just an add on to come and go as the Chairman wants..LB is just an employee..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 18-12-2023 at 11:46 AM.

Couldn't agree more! After watching the game highlights, there were problems caused before it arrived at Davies's door. This is the case for all three goals. We have conceded enough long-range goals over the last few years to realise that we need to close people down around the box more.
    Nevertheless, the standard of keeping this season has had many negatives and barely any positives.
    As for the booing of players, this is an isolated incident, aimed at an individual who has lost us lots of points, this season. Booing is also the flip side of a great amount of support given the team this season. If you like the latter then accept he right of supporters to express their displeasure as well.
    One more thing, Saturday was (at least) the second occasion this season that the goalkeeper has rushed straight off the pitch at the final whistle. I remember the days of Ben Williams, who after having dropped a clanger, would actually go right up to the fans and engage with them.
    In fairness to Harvey Davies about his leaving the pitch, though some fans attacked him for that too (e.g. Praise & Grumble), he was actually taken off by Fred Barber, who probably thought, for his protection, it wasn't the time to engage even apologetically with fans after his horrible afternoon.

This club is not an academy club no matter how many fans try and say it is..

GK coaches are a nonsense and cost the club even more money.

Its time to get rid of the coaches and buy better players..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 18-12-2023 at 11:53 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast