+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeper

Keeper

Was a defender of him, but after that, he as to go

Not an upgrade on Jaskelainen or Richards. Booth couldn't be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Was a defender of him, but after that, he as to go
    Other fans are in agreement with you on this JB

Found this on twitter/X

"When your opposition have blatantly decided their best tactic is “shoot on sight” it’s time to do something about your weakness. The equaliser was his worst howler this season, and there’s been quite a few. After that they knew he was going to keep spilling them "

By the way, the first time i met my wife, she was wearing a pair of very large gloves ...

... I knew she was a 'keeper'

(sorry, couldn't resist)

If we are serious about staying around the playoffs/promotion places there is no room for sentiment unfortunately. I do really feel sorry for the lad and try to remember that he is only 19 years old. I can imagine in the dressing room Mickey D. being the first to put an arm around him.
    There is a big question doing the rounds on whether or not we are obliged to play him, I managed to have a word with one of the coaching staff today and was told that there were a certain number of games that we agreed to for the season. Apparently we have already surpassed that number which is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    If we are serious about staying around the playoffs/promotion places there is no room for sentiment unfortunately. I do really feel sorry for the lad and try to remember that he is only 19 years old. I can imagine in the dressing room Mickey D. being the first to put an arm around him.
    There is a big question doing the rounds on whether or not we are obliged to play him, I managed to have a word with one of the coaching staff today and was told that there were a certain number of games that we agreed to for the season. Apparently we have already surpassed that number which is good news.
    Hearing Bell's reaction to the booing etc it wouldn't surprise me if he took him out of the firing line for a couple of weeks to protect the lad. It was not nice to hear. He's a young man getting his first senior action and when all said and done, he is someone's son. I am not surprised he made a sharp exit at the final whistle!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Hearing Bell's reaction to the booing etc it wouldn't surprise me if he took him out of the firing line for a couple of weeks to protect the lad. It was not nice to hear. He's a young man getting his first senior action and when all said and done, he is someone's son. I am not surprised he made a sharp exit at the final whistle!
    Agree. The booing was not good, along with the ironic cheers when he did something right. But ask yourself why?
    Answer, in my opinion is because it wasn’t a one off. He has made loads of errors this season, (12.?) many leading to goals.
    After the equaliser he came to claim a high ball, great I thought, then he spilt it on the 18yard line.
    Most keepers by this point in the season, we are talking about the good saves he has made, with Davies it’s his mistakes we are talking about, and nobody can remember any saves.

https://goalkeeper.com/news-and-medi...lkeeper-career

The Chairman should not allow our managers to sign other clubs youngsters who have none or little experience of the professional game. We don't exist to train other clubs kids. He should tell LB to send these GK's back to their clubs immediately and sign a decent one now. ie IF we are interested in promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    https://goalkeeper.com/news-and-medi...lkeeper-career

The Chairman should not allow our managers to sign other clubs youngsters who have none or little experience of the professional game. We don't exist to train other clubs kids. He should tell LB to send these GK's back to their clubs immediately and sign a decent one now. ie IF we are interested in promotion.

Mike with the greatest respect that is passionate but rubbish, we have had some really good young goalkeepers from other clubs in recent years, I don’t think the GK from Liverpool is a good as they are yet but no reason to believe he won’t be. Unfortunately for GK when they make a mistake it usually leads to a goal and the position of GK is very much a position where confidence is a key ingredient to their performance. He is young and he is going to make mistakes and yes yesterday the mistakes were poor but some of the mistakes he’s made recently you could also ask why these players were not being closed down quicker and therefore not exposing him so often to long range efforts so I also think the outfield players have contributed to his failures. The team are doing well and I may add with the same GK between the sticks for most of the season I say change nothing and I hope the second half of the season we are luckier with injuries if so we will definitely be promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Mike with the greatest respect that is passionate but rubbish, we have had some really good young goalkeepers from other clubs in recent years, I don’t think the GK from Liverpool is a good as they are yet but no reason to believe he won’t be. Unfortunately for GK when they make a mistake it usually leads to a goal and the position of GK is very much a position where confidence is a key ingredient to their performance. He is young and he is going to make mistakes and yes yesterday the mistakes were poor but some of the mistakes he’s made recently you could also ask why these players were not being closed down quicker and therefore not exposing him so often to long range efforts so I also think the outfield players have contributed to his failures. The team are doing well and I may add with the same GK between the sticks for most of the season I say change nothing and I hope the second half of the season we are luckier with injuries if so we will definitely be promoted.
    Couldn't agree more! After watching the game highlights, there were problems caused before it arrived at Davies's door. This is the case for all three goals. We have conceded enough long-range goals over the last few years to realise that we need to close people down around the box more.
    Nevertheless, the standard of keeping this season has had many negatives and barely any positives.
    As for the booing of players, this is an isolated incident, aimed at an individual who has lost us lots of points, this season. Booing is also the flip side of a great amount of support given the team this season. If you like the latter then accept he right of supporters to express their displeasure as well.
    One more thing, Saturday was (at least) the second occasion this season that the goalkeeper has rushed straight off the pitch at the final whistle. I remember the days of Ben Williams, who after having dropped a clanger, would actually go right up to the fans and engage with them.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast