+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: January

January

It's well and truly over now, there is no way out of this, we're going down, we're playing in the Championship next season and a couple of signings in January aren't going to make any difference.

In which case is there any point signing anyone at all in January, or should we keep our powder dry until next summer ?

Sinkov totally agree but the concern is how many will renew season ticket, I think there will be many who dont. Also this squad of players will never achieve a return back to the prem as they are simply poor and then where does that leaveus. VK has lost the plot and has lost the players. They are not trying or playing for him. The trouble is VK is a coach and not a manager as a coach it looks like he trying to coach players to play as he did and they just cannot do it. Hereby lies the problem because we need a MANAGER who can motivate, inspire, put an arm round those that need it. Observing the dug outs SD was in the technical area throughout the match pointing and gesticulating to players where they should be etc., whilst VK just stayed in the covered dug out providing no guidance whatsoever. Looking at that and the randomness and times of the substitutions provided a view he does not know the impact of his decisions. He is another Lampard, Rooney and Gerrard who have no idea how to man manage. For me I would sack him and give whatever money or resources that are left to a new MANAGER.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's well and truly over now, there is no way out of this, we're going down, we're playing in the Championship next season and a couple of signings in January aren't going to make any difference.

In which case is there any point signing anyone at all in January, or should we keep our powder dry until next summer ?
    Do you honestly think that there is any dry powder left Sinkov.The club spunked £100m in the summer window.We are fecked as you say.It is back to the Championship and start from scratch with these players.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Do you honestly think that there is any dry powder left Sinkov.The club spunked £100m in the summer window.We are fecked as you say.It is back to the Championship and start from scratch with these players.
    I don't know how much money we have available CiB, or if there's any at all, but about £80 million appeared in one of our accounts a few months ago, although no one, apart from Pace and ALK of course, knows where it came from or to what purpose it will be put. Mr Pace appears to be convinced that he can make money out of his investment in BFC and to this end he will have to keep turning players over, whether he can finance the incomings with player sales, ready money or borrowing, or a bit of all three, I have no idea.

While I have no idea what is going on in Alan Pace's head, but he needs to give it a wobble and decide what needs to be done. It looked to all the world yesterday that our current player have lost confidence in Vincent Kompany's tactical ability.

If the club are to accept that this season is virtually over and relegation is a matter of time away, then to waste more money on more of the same type of player in January should be a non starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    If the club are to accept that this season is virtually over and relegation is a matter of time away, then to waste more money on more of the same type of player in January should be a non starter.
    My thinking as well VC.

I think the vast majority of posters here are pretty realistic about the Clarets’ current predicament. Many predicted that Everton have been playing well, are very strong on set pieces and would ruthlessly exploit our vulnerability in this area. That unfortunately proved to be exactly the case. I think most posters believe that we will be going straight back down to the Championship. That may very well be the case. I am reminded that SD achieved in his own estimation “ an unexpected promotion” in 2023/14, that Burnley were promptly relegated the next season before winning promotion as Champions in 2015/16. I am still confident that if we are relegated this season Vincent Kompany can bring us back up to the Premier League. Foul as it is with corruption and VAR the EPL is I guess still where most of us want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I think the vast majority of posters here are pretty realistic about the Clarets’ current predicament. Many predicted that Everton have been playing well, are very strong on set pieces and would ruthlessly exploit our vulnerability in this area. That unfortunately proved to be exactly the case. I think most posters believe that we will be going straight back down to the Championship. That may very well be the case. I am reminded that SD achieved in his own estimation “ an unexpected promotion” in 2023/14, that Burnley were promptly relegated the next season before winning promotion as Champions in 2015/16. I am still confident that if we are relegated this season Vincent Kompany can bring us back up to the Premier League. Foul as it is with corruption and VAR the EPL is I guess still where most of us want to be.
    The sooner we get rid of Kompany the better, and that is not the first time I have said it. But it isn't Kompany's fault we are in such a mess. The buck has to stop with Pace who obviously has no idea how to run a football club. We should never have appointed Kompany in the first place, but now we should be looking for a manager with Premier League experience and a bit of nouse. Somebody like Woy Hodgson or (God forbid!) Colin. They won't do any worse than Kompany and might just know enough to keep us up. But they need to be in place in time to do something in the January transfer market.

Quote Originally Posted by chastenor View Post
    The sooner we get rid of Kompany the better, and that is not the first time I have said it. But it isn't Kompany's fault we are in such a mess. The buck has to stop with Pace who obviously has no idea how to run a football club. We should never have appointed Kompany in the first place, but now we should be looking for a manager with Premier League experience and a bit of nouse. Somebody like Woy Hodgson or (God forbid!) Colin. They won't do any worse than Kompany and might just know enough to keep us up. But they need to be in place in time to do something in the January transfer market.
    SD demonstrated in the time he has been at Everton that sorting and doing the basics is the underlying base point. After the basics are sorted work can be done on stretching the game being more expansive while maintaining the basics. SD is achieving the same but he is in a better position with far superior football players in every department.
    Pace came to this club and saw Burnley play the long ball and loose games we could have perhaps won by one goal, we where always in games.
    what Pace didnt take into account that SD didnt get the backing in multiple transfer windows and was using what crap he had to the best of its ability. Pace with zero football knowledge wanted city football on a budget, sold our number 9 to our relegation competition in January.. and was probably plotting getting VK in after being seduced with his man city romance story..

VK - I have no idea why we cant defend. He was a defender, the basics are lacking the opposite to the SD mantra..
    Everton - the corner they scored, why is browhil marking Anona? while Berge is in the middle not marking anyone?
    why do we allow the opposition to stand on Traford?
    we watched Tarks captian Everton, constantantly demanding, talking, organising, throwing himself into block after block.. and yet here we are at Burnley with the best CB in the last 10 years buying and coaching this bunch of crap, spineless crap.. and then ontop THB who looked like a future England captain is deemed not good enough to sign, and Oshea is the furture... I am done with VK and Pace for being a niave Yank. We need a good proven director of football at the club, if Pace is to ever acheieve anything at Burnley.

Good questions FromTheDarkness. This situation surely can't last much longer. The one thing that amazes me is that Pace can't see what we can all see

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)