+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Livingston

The change to 4 at the back just transformed us 2nd half. I hope Barry noticed that. We had width, there were pockets of space to exploit, etc.

McGarry maybe lacking fitness and/or confidence? Gartenmann’a distribution a bit poor, although he made the first goal by dragging the defender inside and making space for Devlin to cross. MacDonald calm but again a little off it, maybe not surprising (and I definitely feel less nervous with him on the pitch).

Otherwise, Is it just me or is Polvara starting to look a wee bit Jim Bett-like?

Polvara is definitely turning into a player. How old is the loon? Seems to be big potential there.

3 points so job done.

Mio outstanding again. Two great finishes & missed an absolute sitter for the hat trick he deserved. MOTM by a mile.

Duk came onto a game as well. Great play for the second.

Outside of that, there was nothing to contradict anything Derek Adams said last week. A honking game of fitba.

Other thoughts:

We continue to be completely unable to handle high balls into the box. It really is embarrassing.

I think Gartenmann genuinely may be the worst header of a ball playing CH I’ve ever seen in my life. Constantly caught out and nearly always beaten in the air. He’s absolutely hopeless & we need far better than him & Ruby back there.

McGarry was also honking. I’ll cut him some slack & say he’s still rusty after injury.

Not sure fit Barron’s done, but it must be time up for him if that version of Clarkson is in ahead of him.

Shinnie continues to worry me big time.

Livi are just atrocious. Them, their shyte plastic pitch & the 18 fans they bought to the game tonight winna be missed in the least.

Need to up our game big time for Dens…

You're nae wrang about Gartenmann, Moog min. You've said it before, but tonight really highlighted his inability to heid the ba. I do think there's a plaar in there - wonder if he ever played in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    FFS, get the over promoted caretaker out now
    How long will you persist with this red john-esque nickname that you feel is incredibly witty, but nobody else finds funny or is remotely interested in.

Accept it didn't land and move on.

Thank f**k for a win. This will be the turning point now other distractions are gone 😃

Quote Originally Posted by WhenTattieFlooredChas View Post
    How long will you persist with this red john-esque nickname that you feel is incredibly witty, but nobody else finds funny or is remotely interested in.

Accept it didn't land and move on.
    Until he gets fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Until he gets fired.
    Well I suppose we can't criticise your commitment to the cause

Just back.

Rode our luck at times against a very shyte Livi team.

I will have the fear if we lose Miovski in January. His quality up front was the difference for us tonight.

McGarry was honking and hopefully just a match fitness issue with him.

We're not a bad team, I just feel the tactics don't suit us, especially in the middle of the park, which piles pressure on our defence.

Three points required and three points won. Job done

I'm expecting a much tougher game at Dens on Saturday and hoping the players have a little more about them than tonight.

Just back from the game and although not the best of performances a wins a win.

As others have said the lad McGarry looks awful,he doesn’t even look like he knows how to play football.How sh1t is the Australian league if he looked good to whoever recommended him?

That cross from Devlin for the equaliser was the first decent cross he has made in months.Not going to be a popular opinion but you can see why he’s spent most of his career at Ayr united and Livingston.

Clarkson is really struggling this season, a lot of people are saying he’s playing too deep but it’s irrelevant where we play him if he can’t pass the ball to a teammate.Seems too small and gets brushed off the ball too easily.

Duk seems to be getting back to his best though and we played a lot better with him and Morris on the wings.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast