+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    ������������������
    Pawlett Butcher and Harkes
    Luckily 4 words I'll not have to hear again
    I'd have Butcher back in this team in a heartbeat, Pawlett too if he could have stayed fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I'd have Butcher back in this team in a heartbeat, Pawlett too if he could have stayed fit.
    I agree re Butch. He was playing his best stuff for us after that injury and before he literally fkd it up at the club by playing away with the GK's partner.

He loves United from what I have heard through the grapevine.

unfortunately it's starting to feel like Docherty is a replacement for Pawletts sick note position.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    unfortunately it's starting to feel like Docherty is a replacement for Pawletts sick note position.
    The most successful teams at lower budget levels have a pretty consistent first choice 11 and we haven't been able to start that often enough.

JG says in his pre match press conference that funds are available. Fingers crossed we can add some quality.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    I agree re Butch. He was playing his best stuff for us after that injury and before he literally fkd it up at the club by playing away with the GK's partner.

He loves United from what I have heard through the grapevine.
    Would love to have Butch back.

Good to luck to any opposition trying to get the better of us physically with him in the side

It would be third time signing for us !

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Would love to have Butch back.

Good to luck to any opposition trying to get the better of us physically with him in the side

It would be third time signing for us !
    I think with the turnover in the squad this is possible again. I'd have him back for sure but Whitfield may blow a gasket. 🤪

Folk remember his aggression, his commitment, his ball winning, that's fair enough, but we should also remember his very poor ball distribution after that, the number of games he missed due to totting up of yellows and the unforgivable players wife incident.

But other opinions are obviously available 😄

Folk remember his aggression, his commitment, his ball winning, that's fair enough, but we should also remember his very poor ball distribution after that, the number of games he missed due to totting up of yellows and the unforgivable players wife incident.

Very much what I was thinking - people see a lack of dig and aggression in our squad, and that's a valid observation, something that Butcher would supply for sure. But that's pretty useless if you lose any ability to pass the ball out of defence and actually create something. Also his tendency to pick up needless yellows/reds would make him similar to Docherty in terms of availability.

and his tendency to shatter team bonding by shagging other players partners

A decent midfielder would do. We don't need a hardman.

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)