+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

My problem with all of our youngsters is they dont look like they are giving their all. They all look a little bit unbothered and like they are going through the motions at times. Compare that to Stuart Armstrong for e.g its night and day. They need to be grabbing their chances when they come along and imposing themselves on games. You won't get a better chance than right now in the Championship. You could argue Fotherham shouldnt be in that category but Meekison, Glass, Mochrie and Cudjoe all definitely are.

Id like to see Mochrie and Glass both starting and see if we can speed things up a little, perhaps they can develop a nice partnership in the middle of the park or even play both just off Moult, i dont know. Mix things up a little though. Middleton doesn't have to start every game. We should definitely be going for Morrison of Falkirk though I think signing some pace and directness is an absolute must.

Quote Originally Posted by JUMPERZ View Post
    Consistency of selection
    He needs to up his performances when called upon then. There is very little between Mochrie Watt and Glass, who are effectively fighting for the same position. I haven't seen any of them stand out enough to merit a consistent run in the team. He's had more starts than the other two recently but his best performance, imo, was when he came off the bench vs Dunfermline. I think we're clutching at straws somewhat, if we think Mochrie is some kind of saviour. We've all clamboured to see more of him at some point over the years, but quite frankly, he's just never lived up to that hype in a Utd shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Mochrie was playing League One football in these videos. Maybe that's his level? Three years on and I'm not seeing the progression I'd have hoped too.
    Get them playing reserve team football at Tannadice and us fans can go and see who deserves a chance in the first team. With seasoned pros, players coming back from injury and trialists, reserve team football played where first team games get played is a win win scenario. Can't be any worse than whats on show just now. Doc came back for one game, no gradual build up and getting match fitness.

Need / would like to see

Attacking midfielder and at least 1 pacy forward

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    Get them playing reserve team football at Tannadice and us fans can go and see who deserves a chance in the first team. With seasoned pros, players coming back from injury and trialists, reserve team football played where first team games get played is a win win scenario. Can't be any worse than whats on show just now. Doc came back for one game, no gradual build up and getting match fitness.
    Why do we need to be seeing who deserves a chance in the first team? Guys like Mochrie & Glass wouldn't be playing in the reserve team anyway, much like the B team just now. Too big a risk as they are needed in the first team squad. I doubt the pitch would hold up to a game every week either.

Van Veen available and looking for a move back to Scotland.

Make it happen!

Make it happen!
    Would love to see that but iam afraid an SPL will snap him up

True but we are still by far the biggest club after the sheep and edinburgh duo outwith the uglies, so depends how its pitched to him really, its unlikely but definitely worth a shot

Make it happen!
    He'll go back to Motherwell, I'd put money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    True but we are still by far the biggest club after the sheep and edinburgh duo outwith the uglies, so depends how its pitched to him really, its unlikely but definitely worth a shot
    If the jambos sell Shankland to der hun they’ll be needing a replacement.

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)