+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kioso and McCart

Kioso and McCart

Just seen that Richardson has made his decision already about our two loan stars but is keeping it private for now. For me this can only mean he is bringing them back ASAP, otherwise why so definite? Thoughts?

Kioso definitely get back,no sure about McCart, one or two Barnsley fans don't seem to rate him.

Also see that odious prick Barry Fry is still devoid of class, announcing that Kioso doesn’t want to come back instead of letting him speak for himself.

I too am less bothered about McCart

Personally, I'd have them both back unless LR has got his eye on a decent left footed CB. With the fickleness of our back line, I don't think we can be too fussy and we need all the help we can get.

I'd bring Kioso back just to p.s. off Barry Fry!

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Also see that odious prick Barry Fry is still devoid of class, announcing that Kioso doesn’t want to come back instead of letting him speak for himself.

I too am less bothered about McCart
    Well Bazza can make a realistic offer for Kioso if he's that keen on him

Barry Fry might be right though,Kioso might not want to come back.That matters. Why would you want to leave a club where you are playing well,been made Captain and in a promotion push for a club that is fighting relegation and where you have never had a look in. His contract is up in the Summer so I wouldn't be surprised if we use the threat of recalling him to try and force Posh's hand in to submitting a bid and then use those funds elsewhere.Lets face it,if Posh feel he is that important they won't want to derail their promotion push.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Barry Fry might be right though,Kioso might not want to come back.That matters. Why would you want to leave a club where you are playing well,been made Captain and in a promotion push for a club that is fighting relegation and where you have never had a look in. His contract is up in the Summer so I wouldn't be surprised if we use the threat of recalling him to try and force Posh's hand in to submitting a bid and then use those funds elsewhere.Lets face it,if Posh feel he is that important they won't want to derail their promotion push.
    I’m not saying he’s wrong, in fact that’s exactly what I think, just that he shouldn’t be saying anything like that. Look at us under Warne, the line then was always “X are his employers and it is their decision and we must abide by it” which is the correct thing to say. On the other hand, would a chance under new management to prove himself at a higher level also not be attractive to the player in getting a decent move in the summer?

PK may not have wanted to come back to work for MT.
    It’s a different era now .

In any event it’s not his choice, nor is it anything to do with Barry Fry or Peterborough. LR has said that in a round way.

We still need squad places to accommodate any incomings though

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    I’m not saying he’s wrong, in fact that’s exactly what I think, just that he shouldn’t be saying anything like that. Look at us under Warne, the line then was always “X are his employers and it is their decision and we must abide by it” which is the correct thing to say. On the other hand, would a chance under new management to prove himself at a higher level also not be attractive to the player in getting a decent move in the summer?
    I get your point about Fry. I had to chuckle when Fatty was their manager and would loved to have been a fly on the wall when him,Fry and McAnthony had a meeting! That club always seem to push boundaries but have done some pretty good business over the years.Maybe we're too nice at times. I'm always dubious about players who don't want to be here so I'd be careful with Kioso. Sending him out on loan was a decision that raised quite a few eyebrows on here at the time and it seems another gamble MT made that didn't pay off.

How many times have we fretted for the whole of January that a good loan player is going to get recalled .
    Refreshing that the boot is on the foot for once

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast