+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match thread v Stockport County FC 22.12.23 [EFL L2]

In the cold light of day then really pleased with the performance last night. Disappointed to lose after playing so well but we dominated top of the league on their patch. We also did have chances at 1 nil down to get back into the game so we did create one or two openings. The lack of quality in the final 3rd could have been better I agree but also once they went 1 nil up, Stockport kept their shape and played deep very well, they have some good players. If we play like that over Christmas then think we'll be looking at 6 points.

As for ECU, he went abit far with the mum comment definitely, I don't like the idea though of permanently disqualifying an obviously passionate Notts fan.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    In the cold light of day then really pleased with the performance last night. Disappointed to lose after playing so well but we dominated top of the league on their patch. We also did have chances at 1 nil down to get back into the game so we did create one or two openings. The lack of quality in the final 3rd could have been better I agree but also once they went 1 nil up, Stockport kept their shape and played deep very well, they have some good players. If we play like that over Christmas then think we'll be looking at 6 points.

As for ECU, he went abit far with the mum comment definitely, I don't like the idea though of permanently disqualifying an obviously passionate Notts fan.
    Neither do I but he does need to calm down a bit, he reminds me of Mr Angry on the Steve Wright in the Afternoon radio show. Hopefully he will be back and will learn to curb his words somewhat.

Does anyone know, who was offside for our disallowed goal. I have watched it from the match stream angle, and from behind the goal that their fans were standing, and I cannot see who is offside, admittedly both were viewed on my phone, as I am still in hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Neither do I but he does need to calm down a bit, he reminds me of Mr Angry on the Steve Wright in the Afternoon radio show. Hopefully he will be back and will learn to curb his words somewhat.
    Yeah it went too far last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Does anyone know, who was offside for our disallowed goal. I have watched it from the match stream angle, and from behind the goal that their fans were standing, and I cannot see who is offside, admittedly both were viewed on my phone, as I am still in hospital.
    They said it was handball against Didzy and then offside as well, I must admit I wasn't sure as the time and still aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    My thoughts entirely!

I have to say that I was very encouraged by l

Sorry about that. Was just saying that, despite conceding 2 poor goals, I was encouraged by our performance last night. To put in a performance like that against top of the league must give us the confidence to believe we can compete at the top end of the table, particularly with a couple (at least) of astute signings in January.
    My concern for Monday is whether we can repeat the energy and intensity we played with last night, which is so important to us.
    LW is still the man to take our club forward.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    My concern for Monday is whether we can repeat the energy and intensity we played with last night, which is so important to us.
    LW is still the man to take our club forward.

Merry Christmas everyone.
    COYP
    My concern for Monday is will the roast be done properly, will Santa have been, and have I got enough wine to deaden my senses before Tuesday

But if you want to have Christmas tomorrow be my guest, but don't expect too many at the Lane on your personalised Boxing Day!

Merry Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    My concern for Monday is will the roast be done properly, will Santa have been, and have I got enough wine to deaden my senses before Tuesday

But if you want to have Christmas tomorrow be my guest, but don't expect too many at the Lane on your personalised Boxing Day!

Merry Xmas
    Oops. Sorry about that. At least nobody will try to pinch my seat on Monday

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast