+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My bridge is now open.

My bridge is now open.

I hope you enjoy it on your way to the ground today.

The new town centre is something we should take great pride in and a credit to the council and their partners for the job they've done .

At a time when the majority of town centres are absolutely on their ass with shops boarded up and generally a feeling of deprivation our town centre is a real success story .

Whilst I appreciate it's xmas and retailers peak time the town centre was absolutely rammed when myself and the Mrs did a bit of shopping last week , I couldn't believe how busy it was .

I was told that coach trips from all over the North are now coming to the town which is an extra boost to the town's economy .

Long may it continue .

I ovva-erd two owd lasses in Halifax Market saying they were going to Barnsley shopping for presents, big bloomers and to buy "their bits".
    "They're all too small fo me in Halifax, the fo young lasses. A like a big gusset or the chafe".

Barnsley for Big Gussets

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The new town centre is something we should take great pride in and a credit to the council and their partners for the job they've done .

At a time when the majority of town centres are absolutely on their ass with shops boarded up and generally a feeling of deprivation our town centre is a real success story .

Whilst I appreciate it's xmas and retailers peak time the town centre was absolutely rammed when myself and the Mrs did a bit of shopping last week , I couldn't believe how busy it was .

I was told that coach trips from all over the North are now coming to the town which is an extra boost to the town's economy .

Long may it continue .
    Posted on here a few weeks ago about Donny.
    And I visit Rovrum town centre quite regularly.
    Sheffield is falling off a cliff.
    Other than Leeds City Centre I would say Barnsley is the place to be right now.
    As I write I’m getting mi coat on for Satdi afternoon drinks ararnd Tarn with Mrs Nudger.
    I love Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Posted on here a few weeks ago about Donny.
    And I visit Rovrum town centre quite regularly.
    Sheffield is falling off a cliff.
    Other than Leeds City Centre I would say Barnsley is the place to be right now.
    As I write I’m getting mi coat on for Satdi afternoon drinks ararnd Tarn with Mrs Nudger.
    I love Barnsley.
    How come you did not wander over your bridge to the match YN ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    How come you did not wander over your bridge to the match YN ?
    Supping int tarn this aft.
    It’s been fab - as always at Christmas.
    The people of Barnsley are special - wonderful.

I just find it an obscene amount of money for a footbridge.
    Plus it takes you to the wrong side of the road

Floor of the bridge isnt stuck down properly… I’ll give it a month and it’ll be shut for repairs

Supping int tarn this aft.
    It’s been fab - as always at Christmas.
    The people of Barnsley are special - wonderful.
    BTW - while I was in town - if anyone remembers or knows these from the BBS.
    Had a message from Mr X - who’s banned from BBS.
    Talking to DeeTee who is also banned.
    Also spoke to Spartacus after the match - who told me the match was terrible - two poor teams in his opinion.

Yes I know it’s the BBS - but I’m sure some on here will know these fellas.

BTW - while I was in town - if anyone remembers or knows these from the BBS.
    Had a message from Mr X - who’s banned from BBS.
    Talking to DeeTee who is also banned.
    Also spoke to Spartacus after the match - who told me the match was terrible - two poor teams in his opinion.

Yes I know it’s the BBS - but I’m sure some on here will know these fellas.
    Why should we be bothered about what some ex members of the BBS think ? All you have to do is read the comments of the posters on here who either watched the game on the tv or attended the game live for a match summery , in my opinion it was an awful game but thankfully we got the points

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast