+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Costly shambolic

Costly shambolic

Joke.

One person to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    One person to blame.
    It's the nonsense about "heavy rain" that just makes me think of **** off

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    One person to blame.
    Agree, the ref. Seemingly both teams wanted to play and we were so sure that the pitch was fine that we genuinely felt no need for a pitch inspection. A joke yes but by the ref not us although getting a local ref earlier would likely have resulted in the game being on putting pressure on the match ref to follow suit. The fact that we trained on the pitch after is also a joke. Refs want perfect pitches these days, something negative difficult to arrange in a Scottish winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    Agree, the ref. Seemingly both teams wanted to play and we were so sure that the pitch was fine that we genuinely felt no need for a pitch inspection. A joke yes but by the ref not us although getting a local ref earlier would likely have resulted in the game being on putting pressure on the match ref to follow suit. The fact that we trained on the pitch after is also a joke. Refs want perfect pitches these days, something negative difficult to arrange in a Scottish winter.
    Disagree.

The pitch is a mess, we know it's a mess.....why leave anything to chance

And now it looks like we are trying to cover our tracks.

No point rolling out all the excuses and possible scenarios after the call off .....give the ref options B4.

And the pitch isn't fine when two groundsmen are sweeping off water 50 mins B4 kick off.

It's borderline

[QUOTE=Dodbroon;40413419]Agree, the ref. Seemingly both teams wanted to play and we were so sure that the pitch was fine that we genuinely felt no need for a pitch inspection. A joke yes but by the ref not us although getting a local ref earlier would likely have resulted in the game being on putting pressure on the match ref to follow suit. The fact that we trained on the pitch after is also a joke. Refs want perfect pitches these days, something negative difficult to arrange in a

While we trained on the pitch after the decision, I doubt very much that we were anywhere near the dodgy goalmouth , the pictures of the groundsman sweeping water off the pitch , when there hasn't been that much rain , to me shows we have a serious problem with the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Disagree.

No point rolling out all the excuses and possible scenarios after the call off .....give the ref options B4.
    Correct. Like in game play, if you give the referee a decision to make you can't complain when it goes against you

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Disagree.

You can disagree all you like but that pitch was playable today. Good on the club for challenging the authorities although they will close ranks and brush us off no doubt. That ref has a history with us and he's the walking example of small man syndrome. You, Returnofross usually baulk against modern day petty officialdom and that's exactly what happened today. Whatever the state of the pitch today they would have played on that in the vast majority of the time I have been watching football. And to quote player safety? It always used to be that sort of pitch that players loved playing on. It's like a form of wokeness this quoting H & S , player safety etc. Just plain a load of old *******s. Like you I'm enjoying the football this season and there are times the management deserve criticism but I honestly think they are right today to challenge what they think is a ridiculous decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    You can disagree all you like but that pitch was playable today. Good on the club for challenging the authorities although they will close ranks and brush us off no doubt. That ref has a history with us and he's the walking example of small man syndrome. You, Returnofross usually baulk against modern day petty officialdom and that's exactly what happened today. Whatever the state of the pitch today they would have played on that in the vast majority of the time I have been watching football. And to quote player safety? It always used to be that sort of pitch that players loved playing on. It's like a form of wokeness this quoting H & S , player safety etc. Just plain a load of old *******s. Like you I'm enjoying the football this season and there are times the management deserve criticism but I honestly think they are right today to challenge what they think is a ridiculous decision.
    Just deflection from DFC.

And trying to cover tracks.

We as I have said many times very badly run.

Standards, standards, standards

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)