+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leicester City Post Match Thoughts

Leicester City Post Match Thoughts

The bookies knew it, deep down we knew it and more than likely the players knew that the gulf in class would inevitably lead to a defeat today, and eventually it did. The 18/1 offered for a win might as well have been describing the difference in the budgets taken to assemble the two teams, except it was probably too low. We'll go again on Tuesday as we'll do for the rest of the games until the fat lady says it's all over.

Thoughts?

Was expected today.

We're still the perennial whipping boys. No shots on target. No corners. Yes Leicester are a Premier League side in waiting but we just died with a whimper. Serious lack of heart and fight

To be honest I don’t want us in the Championship making the numbers up,I didn’t expect anything to day & that’s exactly what we’ve got.Till we have the money & players it would not bother me if we every get back in the Championship.

Improvement for me…..nobody sent off. The penalty looked just outside or on the line to me.

Defended really well in the first half. Could we keep it up and get a point? Obviously not. Collapsed in the second half and, even at 1-0, we had a mountain to climb. We never laid a glove on them and were never going to score.
    We go again on Boxing day and hope for much better.
    Small consolation is that the three teams above us lost, Wednesday snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Not that its likely to have much bearing on our fast fading chances of staying up.
    ah well, Its only a game. Enjoy Christmas everybody.

Today's game told us absolutely nothing we didn't already know. The only surprise for me is that Leicester only managed to score 3 against the worst defence in the league.
    I really don't know what to think about the future because even if we go down and then manage to come up again next season, what is the point of it all?

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Improvement for me…..nobody sent off. The penalty looked just outside or on the line to me.
    Probably better for us that he gave a penalty. We weren't going to get back into the game and if he hadn't given the penalty he would have had to send Viktor off.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Today's game told us absolutely nothing we didn't already know. The only surprise for me is that Leicester only managed to score 3 against the worst defence in the league.
    I really don't know what to think about the future because even if we go down and then manage to come up again next season, what is the point of it all?
    There isn't a point. That's my point on the MDT...
    It's just a waste of our lives. If you get the enjoyment from the game keep going. If you don't, don't bother..
    It's a game and entertainment. Problem is it's our team and we always hope. When we fail we always moan. When we win we always crow from the rooftops. ATM I'm on the fence. This season could stop me from renewing next year.

Rebuild required - long haul for Leam

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast