+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Port Vale v Barnsley

Clinical finishing against a very poor Vale team , you can only beat what's in front of you but dear me Vale are dreadful .

Just don't let t them back in to it and give Vale a way in by conceding an early second half goal .

Play on the break and we should get a couple more .

1-3 Tinkerman strikes again, Jalo yes but Cosgrove for McAtee who caused them mayhem all afternoon and Lopata for Mcart to disrupt the defence beggars belief, if they get another it's backs to the wall time!

2-3 Tinkerman Collins nearly lost us 2 points there! Dominated up to 70 mins then Coliins steps in!

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    1st Half
    Forget about the score line for a minute.

This is probably the best performance I’ve seen from Barnsley this season.

Basically because.
    They are working hard for each other.
    The press from the front is far far better.
    Defenders running forward with the ball.
    There are runners getting forward from midfield.
    The ball - especially diagonal passes - has been released much earlier - couple that with Barnsley players running forward from midfield and we are causing Vale all sorts of problems.

Special mention to:
    Kane - his best game so far this season - what a pass for the 1st goal.
    Mael - brilliant defending - won the ball in midfield and set McAtee up for the 3rd.
    McAtee - running into space and causing Vale all sorts of problems.
    2nd Half
    Barnsley back to type.
    Abysmal !!!
    Was it Port Vale that upped their game - NO !!!
    It was Barnsley that played like they have been doing the majority of the season.
    Poor Poor Poor.
    Any quality in that Vale team and they would have scored 5 or 6 during the 2nd Half.

It’s a win - but massively disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    2-3 Tinkerman Collins nearly lost us 2 points there! Dominated up to 70 mins then Coliins steps in!
    Spot on no further comment.

Got complacent 2nd aif. I think it shows us the value of Luca Connell. Without him we look very susceptible hence the second aif.

Still, it's 3 points. Move on

A bit lucky to get the three points in the end and with better Vale finishing we would have thrown that 3 goal lead away .

No doubt the changes Collins made were at the heart of that second half performance but it's a 16 man game now and 3-0 up with fixtures coming thick and fast I can understand why he made them .

Russell just jogged around , Lopata was all over the shop at the back , Jalo and Cosgrove ineffective .

Take Luca out of that midfield and defensively we are suspect and we aren't too cracking to start with .

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    As much as I like Russell - he looked off the pace and rusty.
    Why is a player that was highly thought of at Huddersfield looking so rusty when he’s brought on ???
    He looked like he had been laid on the settee since he last played.
    Why ???

But it wasn’t just that central midfield position - it was every position in the outfield.
    We looked a totally different team - the players looked a shadow of what they did 1st Half.

I’m desperately wanting Collins to succeed - so I was so pleased 1st half because I thought he has finally got the team moving.
    The 2nd half showed he hasn’t.

The sooner we get a central defender the better, not a premier league 19 year old squad player but somebody with battle scars who has some aerial dominance about him.
    I’m still waiting to see anything from Okeeffe but time will tell. The biggest worry is the form of Williams? Since the interest from P.N.E. He’s gone slowly downhill, he’s not a defender and never will be.
    I can understand the substitutions today with another two games coming up, McAtee can’t keep that work rate up for 90+ minutes and with the booking he’d got to take Connell off made sense, our problem is we’ve nobody that can do the job he does but it does make you wonder why Ressell and not Styles? If he’s going next week why have him on the bench?

Collins out.
    At three up we should have buried them further. Feck the fact its Posh next….
    He thinks its job done…
    And hes a mile off…
    Nearly missed out… just like in May

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast