+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match thread v Doncaster Rovers FC 26.12.23 [EFL L2]

Nemane had a good game today and contributed at least as much as Jones.
    He’s without doubt had a rough patch but criticism from today’s performance can only be from fans that just don’t like him.
    There’s fans around me constantly shouting take him on. Most of the time it’s a standing start against a full back, with a CB ready to cover if he knocks the ball past. Unless a defender dives in or he receives the ball on the move, it’s virtually always going to lead to nothing if he tries to go at them.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    You need to sit somewhere else lad. After 55 years we have the odd moan it we always support OUR team, when you,grow up you will understand a little more

Bless him.

AN and JJ are completely different players - it’s just unfortunate for Aaron that Jodi is clearly at least a league above this level and his ability to beat a man with a bit of trickery is second-to-none. It’s old-school “winger wizardry” that we haven’t seen at the Lane in many years (since David Smith?).

Be great if Aaron gets that confidence back to take his man on, because we know he can do it - and yesterday was a step back in the right direction.

Quite surprised no one has mentioned how good Sam Austin was today.
    He was excellent aagoainst Stockport too and is fitting g in to that left side of midfield really well.
    We can never doubt his work rate but is now being very intelligent with his use of the ball.
    When he took over from JJ he got a couple of great balls over into the box..
    A word of praise for Aaron, he gets some great balls into some dangerous areas in the box but there were times when we didn't attack that space. I thought he did well today.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    I was referring to specific people who I've had the pleasure of listening to almost salivating at the opportunity to moan when he does something wrong - it wasn't a general aim at the fans in the Pavis....
    I had one season in the Pavis then moved back to the Kop because constant arguments with these people was spoiling my enjoyment, they always seem to need a whipping boy. I like Nemane & thought he had a good game today but he can be frustrating, I don't buy into this theory that fans dislike him because of his colour many of Notts fans idols have been black, Triston, Pedro, Charlie, Kevin B, Johnny Chid, Devon White the list goes on & on so I don't think the race card comes into it, Great game, great result COYP

Nemane gets a rough deal. Clearly he is doing the job being asked of him and consistently, otherwise LW would be using alternatives.
    It’s clear as day that he doesn’t have the attributes to consistently take on his man, pace alone isn’t enough. Hence why we try to work a ball in between the full back and centre half. Yet we don’t do that on the other wing, as JJ doesn’t have that explosive pace and has other attributes.
    It was interesting watching yesterday, Notts look to create an overload on our right but not on our left. Particularly in the first half. What I also noticed is how often Brinds gets the ball to AN compared to KC getting the ball to JJ.
    I think one thing I’d like to see is AN and JJ swapping wings during games. It seems that most positions are fluid but not the wing backs.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Nemane had a good game today and contributed at least as much as Jones.
    He’s without doubt had a rough patch but criticism from today’s performance can only be from fans that just don’t like him.
    There’s fans around me constantly shouting take him on. Most of the time it’s a standing start against a full back, with a CB ready to cover if he knocks the ball past. Unless a defender dives in or he receives the ball on the move, it’s virtually always going to lead to nothing if he tries to go at them.
    Exactly taking on a player from a standing start is extremely difficult and very very few can do it and he hasn’t got the strength to do it anyway and that’s no criticism to him. I’ve always said he doesn’t go missing, his touch is second to none and his intelligence of timing his runs is excellent. He has struggled at times this season, it’s a level up, players are fitter and stronger and he’s going to need to see if he can adapt and if he doesn’t it won’t be through a lack of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Nemane gets a rough deal. Clearly he is doing the job being asked of him and consistently, otherwise LW would be using alternatives.
    It’s clear as day that he doesn’t have the attributes to consistently take on his man, pace alone isn’t enough. Hence why we try to work a ball in between the full back and centre half. Yet we don’t do that on the other wing, as JJ doesn’t have that explosive pace and has other attributes.
    It was interesting watching yesterday, Notts look to create an overload on our right but not on our left. Particularly in the first half. What I also noticed is how often Brinds gets the ball to AN compared to KC getting the ball to JJ.
    I think one thing I’d like to see is AN and JJ swapping wings during games. It seems that most positions are fluid but not the wing backs.
    I though Nemane played really well throughout the game yesterday and I've often said he is really important to the way we try to play. Jodes had a difficult first half, as there didn't seem to be a great deal of room for him down that side and he was often double marked. Though, in fairness he seemed to find a yard of space and improved a lot in the 2nd half. Both these lads do their best to try to get the ball in the box but they are L2 players and as such, they will be inconsistent. Can't see as there was a great deal to complain about meself, certaintly not yesterday, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    For me, it was a penalty.
    If it’s at the other end I’m screaming for a penalty but fully expect it wouldn’t be given!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast