+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disgrace from the players!!!

to me (my opinion only) the missing link is Nick Pope Also some of the lower teams are starting to wise up e.g shefffield winning at villa up till vertually the final whistle

They’ve worked out the high press. We need more strings to our bow but I think our options are few just now due to the relatively limited technical ability of some of our players. Tonali was crucial to this imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    You are going to look such a cocck after the derby.

Even if we lose, which we won't I will he annoyed for about 30 minutes then remember that we will still be the richest club in the land.
    We aren’t though are we? We have the richest owners in the land but it’s not doing us much good in reality. This is where a lot of outsiders go wrong, we arent a rich club.

Sorry we ARE a rich club,it’s just not much use with FFP rules.

We have the richest football club owners in the world. We are not the richest club due to FFP rules.

We might not have the most money to spend, but after the new deal with Adidas, the new deal with Sela, the massive TV coverage, and increased TV money we’ll have a much bigger pot of money to spend this summer than ever before.

That’s also only known uplifts, we could well have new deals in the pipeline with sponsors etc that will increase that.

I’ve got a long history on here of saying we should not be prioritising the domestic cups at this point in our development as a club, I can’t see Eddie not fielding a strong team away to the mackems, but I genuinely wouldn’t care if we lost to them… they aren’t going to go on to win it, it will add more games to their schedule when they are already 17 points from automatic promotion spots and only in a play off spot on GD.

FA Cup aside, we have a full week between games going forward… the squad has been shown to be lacking in terms of ultimate strength in depth, and relying too heavily on some players, and we also need players to be able to play a different style of football to the high press when needed (not saying a full team, but there are limited players in the first team who justify it by running a lot)

We need players that are able to pass accurately, move into space and keep the ball when you get it, some of the players just don’t seem able… which is why Miley is a standout player… he’s doing that at such a young age!

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    We aren’t though are we? We have the richest owners in the land but it’s not doing us much good in reality. This is where a lot of outsiders go wrong, we arent a rich club.
    We are though. We just cant use it yet.

I am hoping the wealth will be exhibited in other ways before long. Stadium, training grounds, youth set up etc.

The takeover only happened yesterday like. Look how far we've come up to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    We are though. We just cant use it yet.

I am hoping the wealth will be exhibited in other ways before long. Stadium, training grounds, youth set up etc.

The takeover only happened yesterday like. Look how far we've come up to now.
    This is exactly what I expect to happen.

Once the question about the stadium is answered then I would expect world class training and academy facilities to go up quickly.

But until the question of redevelop or completely new is answered then the ground they build on won’t be finalised.

I dont think they have worked out the high press.

I think there is 2 reason why its not working so good at the minute;

1. Because of the high number of games, there hasnt been much work going on at the training ground. When youre not working on it, to keep things sharp, you will not excecute to perfection.

Also general fatigue is a big problem, and because our style is intensity and high pressure you will suffer more without sharp legs.

2. Playing with Lacelles at the back may also have affected where we set the line with the back four, I think maybe a little deeper in general. And if you pair that with a semi-pressing front 6, there will be a lot of space to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    I dont think they have worked out the high press.

I think there is 2 reason why its not working so good at the minute;

1. Because of the high number of games, there hasnt been much work going on at the training ground. When youre not working on it, to keep things sharp, you will not excecute to perfection.

Also general fatigue is a big problem, and because our style is intensity and high pressure you will suffer more without sharp legs.

2. Playing with Lacelles at the back may also have affected where we set the line with the back four, I think maybe a little deeper in general. And if you pair that with a semi-pressing front 6, there will be a lot of space to explore.
    Fair points.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)