+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head in the sand

Head in the sand

That’s how I’m feeling, right now.

We just give the ball away far too often, every week. Not all teams know what to do with free possession.

But attacking teams will punish you, even the w@nkers who aint scored for weeks will.

BAH HUMBUG

At half-time I was confident because they had come back into it and Emery would have reacted by making changes as he did vs Spurs away. He didn't this time with Ramsey already on a yellow and clearly not on his game at all, plus Utd last season sprung our high line time & again.

They were somewhat fortunate with the deflected goal and the bounce off McGinn's knee for another but no complaints, they deserved it, had us penned in and we couldn't cope with it. Our first 11 is very good, and I am over the moon at what has been achieved so far but you have to see out situations such as this, we will learn.

We just needed one of those golden chances to go in and make it 3-1. Manure had a great second half. We look tired and devoid of ideas.
    Ramsey coming back on for the second half was a blunder. We could all see it wasn’t working. Finally well done to Carlos for his two assists.

What are we up to now 27 or 28 games in all comps? Expect we’ll see some loans in. Hopefully a couple of gems.

I’m still delighted with the progress, and I truly believe we are punching well above our weight. We’re a bloody good team, but in transition, end of. And yes, Oz, that's a lot of games under the belt.

We should be ignoring the likes of ‘Spitter’ Carra & the entitled pre-pubescent keyboard screamers, ridiculously planting us as Title, Top 4 contenders.

We still have problems with possession (as of the last 15 years), but with better players in the future, we will overcome this.

Onwards & Upwards, UTV.

Will there ever be a better opportunity thought to "do a Leicester"?! After last night's results I feel a bit better but also maddened by the points lost, long way to go.

Oz - 8 games in Europe, 1 Carabao and 19 league so Burnley is our 29th!

Happy New Year Villans

Yes, mate, there will be a better opportunity to win things.

As for 'doing a Listah' mate, FFP has colluded with the Sky 6 to make sure that it doesn't happen again.

What they didn't expect was the perfect storm of, 1st class owners appointing a 1st class manager, with his own hand-picked infrastructure.

2 years from now, Rodney, we'll be millionaires.

Not a great performance today, but its a win and thats all the stats will show, special mention to agent ramsey with the assist for the winner.

They are playing to the best of their (in some cases) limited ability. However, they are the best team imo we’ve had in many a year. We’ve gone from ‘bottom feeders’ to bigish fish in 14 months.

Retention of possession, and passing to our own, is still sh1te. But sooner or later, we must have players to match our wonderful Manager’s ambitions. Many a current favourite will have to go.

That's progression, but knowing that we’ll only get better, is a warming thought.

At some stage I would like to see Konsa in a CDM Kamara type role, he's maturing very well IMO and is great at reading the play, granted we need a proper RB & rock solid centre half first! What a year this has been, and we're only getting started.

Bullied in midfield, dare I say we’re at 6s and 8s, or do we have neither? Our ball retention needs to be improved, along with a backbone.

Bailey, where have you been? Wonderful player. Em1, remains a magnificent keeper. SJM is still super. That’s all the positivity that I can offer.

We’ve been riding lady luck into the ground since that magical 3 days in early December.

UTV

P.S. Well played Geordies, top away performance. Muscle, discipline, accurate passing, and devastating pace.
    Last edited by Exiledvillan; 31-01-2024 at 09:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)