+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T We've finally taken the Ninja plunge

O/T We've finally taken the Ninja plunge

After much research and pricing one up and been told countless times by family and friends how great they are, we've made a purchase of one.

Anyone on here got one or any other type of air fryer? Are they really as good as they say?

If you have, can you steer me away, I say me because I do all the cooking in the home, from things not to do when using one?

Also, have you any recipes you can recommend?

Bought one never used it so took it back,I like proper food the old fashioned way.I spent 3yrs at catering college & learned to cook the proper way & that’s what I enjoy.So sorry no help from me Brin.

Ninja max got cooked turkey crown in it upside down for half hour depending on weight was 2.8 kg's then 35 mins right way up temperature 180 upside down looked like it wanted abit more so 190 right way up. Basted it with sunflower oil browned off well not dry when cooked. Does chips well done sausages at same time on it other things same. I'm no expert cook so if I can use one so will most other people.

They had one in the Airbnb we stayed at over there in October but that was mainly because of the lack of space and no real cooker, just a single induction plate and a microwave. Found it handy to do the basics like sausage, bacon, chips and to cook some Indian food we bought and thought was microwaveable but wasn't e.g. samosas. Didn't venture as far as doing a 'full' meal but the one we had was capable as it had dual fryers/temperatures/timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    After much research and pricing one up and been told countless times by family and friends how great they are, we've made a purchase of one.

Anyone on here got one or any other type of air fryer? Are they really as good as they say?

If you have, can you steer me away, I say me because I do all the cooking in the home, from things not to do when using one?

Brin, we have one one for a short while now. We bought a book called "The Complete Air Fryer by Sam and Dom Miller". Its very intuitive. Name:  20231227_162835.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  96.5 KB. Hope the link works.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Brin since I retired I'm like you and do all the cooking in our household. I've got an air fryer but don't use it an awful lot because like Lolmorgan I prefere more traditional tools. I find it's OK for chips and premade Indian starters but after that I revert to the oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncang1 View Post
    Brin since I retired I'm like you and do all the cooking in our household. I've got an air fryer but don't use it an awful lot because like Lolmorgan I prefere more traditional tools. I find it's OK for chips and premade Indian starters but after that I revert to the oven.
    Really strange you and Lol Morgan ? Traditional cooking ! What an element and a fan ? Exactly whats in an Air Fryer in a condensed format ?

Had one a couple of years , they are excellent. Even scum who was against them was converted.
    I also have a ninja possessor.makes pastry in 20seconds. Slices 1,kg of cabbage for saur kraut in a blink.

The pressure cooker is ace.

Then again, what have you bought,

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast