+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: News

News

I have no doubts about the ambition for Championship football, but the 'resources' hmmm i think i'll wait to see what happens in January. To say we could 'easily' cope financially in L1 is a very bold statement. The top clubs in L1 operate with minimum 6 million wage budgets. Even Oxford who many people criticised on here have players on 6k+ a week.

How incredibly fortunate we were the day the Reedtz brothers walked into Meadow Lane. I wouldn't swap them for any amount of Hollywood stars, oil sheikhs or Russian billionaire oligarchs

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    How incredibly fortunate we were the day the Reedtz brothers walked into Meadow Lane. I wouldn't swap them for any amount of Hollywood stars, oil sheikhs or Russian billionaire oligarchs
    Hope you're still thinking/saying that in a few years time.

Well, l love the Reedtz brothers too, but money takes you a long way if you spend it wisely 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    I have no doubts about the ambition for Championship football, but the 'resources' hmmm i think i'll wait to see what happens in January. To say we could 'easily' cope financially in L1 is a very bold statement. The top clubs in L1 operate with minimum 6 million wage budgets. Even Oxford who many people criticised on here have players on 6k+ a week.
    I watch quite a lot of League One football and the standard has really moved on since Notts County last played in it 9 years ago (god it's so painful to type out it's been 9 years).

Four and half years in and that's the first time we've ever had a statement of intent. On the gates we're getting now though, it would be pretty outrageous not to have that ambition. We'd be the 7th best supported club in L1 today with our current average.

How nice to have a thread about football

The pessimist in me saw the “owe 11 million to other parties” 🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Four and half years in and that's the first time we've ever had a statement of intent. On the gates we're getting now though, it would be pretty outrageous not to have that ambition. We'd be the 7th best supported club in L1 today with our current average.
    Just as long as it's not "Championship in 5 years" which for the last two owners meant "our money won't last if we don't get there in time".

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast