+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nelmsy Campus Countdown

Official Nelmsy Campus Countdown

summer 2025 ends 31 August

612 days......tick tock

Think the pressure from supporters to advance the stadium will not make any difference. We should be plotting a plan B,imo.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Think the pressure from supporters to advance the stadium will not make any difference. We should be plotting a plan B,imo.
    Just for my own amusement b cram......get me thru next winter, that and dabs staying DOON. 😎

But you have to factor in that Nelmsy said 'the timeline is quite tight and it (never specified what it is) might not happen'.

Open ended targets and non specific terminology are the friends of the owl.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    But you have to factor in that Nelmsy said 'the timeline is quite tight and it (never specified what it is) might not happen'.

Open ended targets and non specific terminology are the friends of the owl.
    31 August is end of summer, was gonna give him to clocks going back and start of British winter but 31 August is a better test. 😄

2 or 3 sided stadium doesnae coont.

Playing at tannadice and calling it home....doesnae coont.

Another drawing or you tube video with non specific future date doesnae coont.

A stadium with safety certificate wins.

If there's a new stadium, in a condition that can be played in or near as damn it, at Campy on Sunday 31st August 2025 everybody (all regular posters on here) to be at Doc Stewarts at 3pm - meh roond.

All caveats as per RRoS post #5 above to be satisfied.

Regular posters are me, RRoS, Islay, BCram, Auld Bugger, Noah, JDFC, DodBroon and some others I cannae think o' right now

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Regular posters are me, RRoS, Islay, BCram, Auld Bugger, Noah, JDFC, DodBroon and some others I cannae think o' right now
    I will mark that date in my diary for 2025.

Several days ago I had a discussion with a Dundee supporter about the new stadium development on a Dundee FC supporters Facebook site.
    This supporter told me that Dundee FC would receive all the income from the new stadium which would include the restaurants and bars while the income from the other sites would repay the cost of the loans to build the new stadium development.
    I asked this poster what the new stadium development was going to cost.
    He replied that he did not know.
    I told him that the Aberdeen Chamber of Commerce published details of their investigation into the cost of the new Aberdeen FC stadium close to the beach and included in the report it stated that the estimated cost of the new stadium development at the Camperdown retail park (Campy Nou) in Dundee was in the region of £140 million.
    That was the end of our conversation as the Dundee supporter never replied.
    This is what we are up against.
    Dundee supporters who believe everything that Nelms says and are following him like the Pied Piper.
    Over a year ago it was stated that the new stadium which Dundee Football Club were building was going to cost between £40 million - £50 million to build. Now Nelms states that the cost of building the new stadium has increased by £10 million but he cannot tell us what the new estimated cost will be.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)