+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nelmsy Campus Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I only see one person hating John Nelms. The rest, myself included, just want him to explain his plans and justify the move from Dens to some new and potentially soulless stadium in terms of Dundee FC. Not commercial opportunities for his other companies such as DBPH through a crematorium and second rate band gigs (1,000 capacity isn't big enough for first rate bands) but Dundee FC - how do his plans benefit the club? Will it save on rent? Will it benefit from significantly more income from match day commercials?

Playing in a split new state of the art stadium with better facilities for the fans and players alike is one thing but if the club isn't significantly benefitting financially what's the point? Why bin 100 years pf tradition to move the same yo yo club to this new stadium? Will it result in a higher standard of footballer, team and entertainment or will we likely just be buying our pies and our bovril from a better laid out stall and eating / drinking them in a better stadium whilst watching the same old same old in The Championship?

That's all most of us want to know - exactly what's in it for Dundee FC? Couldn't care less about JN's other businesses.
    The Dundee fc I supported didn't give a flying **** about any of this.
    But internet changed everything I suppose.
    I want us to be number 1 in the city that's about it.
    European trip and a cup wud be nice also.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Good trip to Paisley on weds, home half 12 Thurs, froze my *******s off, never saw a shot on target, cost me £15 for bus £4 in sweepies £16 for my ticket......and a good time was had by all......saw them fail.😆
    They did we got beat.
    Better fan than me tho.👍

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    I think the money being splashed about by Sky et al down south is what changed everything. When football down there stopped being the working people's game it just became shyte, more about who has the richest owner and biggest stadium to cram in the most people at ridiculous admission prices to keep their annual losses at a level where they don't get points deducted for breaking fair play rules.

I wonder if Messrs Keyes and Nelms think they can run that type of model on a smaller scale up here? Crash and burn on the horizon if they do.

Bad owners and not asking enough questions changed.

I'll just keep asking, folk can keep booing and folk can keep sniping at Islay.

Different strokes

They did we got beat.
    Better fan than me tho.👍
    This is the bit I'm meant to say I'm no super fan.........but I'll no.......I'll just say better than the vast majority. 😎

Bad owners and not asking enough questions changed.

I'll just keep asking, folk can keep booing and folk can keep sniping at Islay.

Different strokes
    I'm sure I was we u in the Dundee clubee when Melville was the messiah.
    I get the nelms hatred coz he behaves like a tit but you are like me G.
    Hate the dabs and want Perugia again.
    We all get it wrong but if nelms takes us to Europe I'm happy.

They did we got beat.
    Better fan than me tho.👍
    I did same but spent £5 on sweepie’s so I’m a better fan than both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    I did same but spent £5 on sweepie’s so I’m a better fan than both of you.
    Seen you coming in, luckily KO delayed.

Seen you coming in, luckily KO delayed.
    Not really.

The smart ones sat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Not really.

The smart ones sat on the bus.
    Being a super fan I like to see the warm up, got 2 st m warm ups and 1 Dundee for the price of my concession. 😄. Almost value for money, probably wuda been if they lost by 3.

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)