+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Official Nelmsy Campus Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    4 Scottish clubs have went tits up in modern times, all smaller than DFC.

DFC would be around in some form without Nelmsy.
    We are being bankrolled by Tim Keyes not Nelmsy.

I might be wrong but I doubt me typing the numbers 487 on a thread discussing the most important decision in DFCs history will effect the st mirren result too much.

And anyway I was constantly told Europe was beyond us.

If I hadn't pointed oot that 5 th got you in way back in Oct and argued that it was possible I doubt many would even have found out till the last fortnight or so.

The courier "journos" were laughing aboot the notion as late as early April and most of Pravda were talking about avoiding the playoffs. 😜

Yet it turns out the management team and players were thinking more along my lines.

Who wuda guessed .....prob me. 😎
    We were talking about europe in the pub a few months ago,especially with the new conference competition.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    We were talking about europe in the pub a few months ago,especially with the new conference competition.
    It's not new

In my opinion there are too many European competitions whose qualifying rounds commence long before the start of the League season.
    This results in the players not getting a decent break between the end of a league season and the start of training for these European qualifying competitions.

It's not new
    We should be discussing the topic not the possibility of us playing in the UEFA conference league next season.
    Nelmsy seems to have gone quiet about his new stadium development at Campy Nou.
    He also seems to prefer telling the Courier and Scottish Sun newspapers what is happening with the Dens Park pitch and a new training facility at Riverside instead of informing the Dundee FC supporters via the Club website.
    Constructing a new training facility at Riverside at a considerable expense seems a strange move as renting the Dundee University training facilities at Riverside seems a far cheaper alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    In my opinion there are too many European competitions whose qualifying rounds commence long before the start of the League season.
    This results in the players not getting a decent break between the end of a league season and the start of training for these European qualifying competitions.
    The season would kick off 2 weeks later if we qualify for Europe, giving the players a longer rest and a much less congested start to the season.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    We enter the League Cup late if we qualify for Europe so no real concerns. Rather be playing some Norwegian side in Euro Conference qualifier than Brechin City in the League Cup to be honest.

It's not new
    Only been going a cpl of years so relatively new I wud say.No matter now we are on league cup duty unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Only been going a cpl of years so relatively new I wud say.No matter now we are on league cup duty unfortunately.
    4th season coming up, it's where the money is for a club our size, hearts have Europa league sewn up for the foreseeable

Oh and 483

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)