+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Official Nelmsy Campus Countdown

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Considering Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited are paying between 9% and 24% interest on their current loan secured against their Camperdown development site it is very unlikely that they will be able to obtain a loan paying zero per cent interest for 100 years.
    I think that Nelms has inflated the costs of running Dens Park to justify building a new stadium development at Camperdown the same way as he has greatly inflated the number of DSA members.
    Technically speaking the DSA has 23 affiliated supporters clubs whilst Dee4life has 531 members.
    DSA members are the 23 member clubs x there membership, I’d hazard a guess at between 650 and 700

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    DSA members are the 23 member clubs x there membership, I’d hazard a guess at between 650 and 700
    There are certainly a lot less than the 6,000 plus quoted by John Nelms.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I have decided not to reply to the question of affordability. I can't get any figures that makes it look achievable and maybe we should just wait and see. Still think Dee4life need to find a way to raise money.
    Dee4life are due to be holding a members meeting online on the evening of Monday 18th March 2024.
    That would be a golden opportunity for any Dee4life members to put forward the subject of Dee4life setting up a stadium fund raising scheme in case the current directors of Sandeman Properties Limited do not repay their loan secured over Dens Park within the laid down timescales.

There won’t be 6,000 members, but there will be far more than 700. I would say between the Ferry, and Carnoustie, there will be around 120 minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    There won’t be 6,000 members, but there will be far more than 700. I would say between the Ferry, and Carnoustie, there will be around 120 minimum.
    A lot of these clubs have single figure membership, our has less than 80 but take a bus every game, most of them don’t take buses to matches and are member clubs in name only, I’m not trying to belittle the DSA, just trying to show a more realistic number, you could probably push it to 1000

A lot of these clubs have single figure membership, our has less than 80 but take a bus every game, most of them don’t take buses to matches and are member clubs in name only, I’m not trying to belittle the DSA, just trying to show a more realistic number, you could probably push it to 1000
    I have heard that there are about 1,000 members of DSA affiliated Dundee FC supporters clubs.
    However there is no minimum number of members required to set up a Dundee FC supporters club affiliated to the DSA.
    Back in 2012 it was suggested to me by I think Kenny Ross that I could set up an Islay Dundee FC supporters club which would then pay the required affiliation fee to become a member of the DSA.
    There were only three adult Dundee FC supporters living on Islay so I decided not to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Only 1 stab to answer this from BP.

Not my question but comes from someone who knows a wee bit.

Even paying zero interest it's 950k a year to pay back 95 mill

I'd be really impressed if no interest paid. 😆

Do you think he means it costs the football club 750k now but as the stadium won't be the football clubs there will be zero maintenance.

Confused DSC
    Several years ago I seem to remember Nelms stating that he was going to take a back seat running Dundee Football Club and instead concentrate on his new stadium development at the Camperdown Leisure Park.
    This must have been at one of his half yearly roll outs of his Lego box design of his new stadium development.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I have heard that there are about 1,000 members of DSA affiliated Dundee FC supporters clubs.
    However there is no minimum number of members required to set up a Dundee FC supporters club affiliated to the DSA.
    Back in 2012 it was suggested to me by I think Kenny Ross that I could set up an Islay Dundee FC supporters club which would then pay the required affiliation fee to become a member of the DSA.
    There were only three adult Dundee FC supporters living on Islay so I decided not to bother.
    You would have been entitled to purchase 3 POTY tickets had you done so

You would have been entitled to purchase 3 POTY tickets had you done so
    I think that some of the other Dundee FC supporters clubs would have been up in arms if a POTY had been over subscribed and a wee supporters club with three members received 100% of their tickets request.

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)