+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Inheritance tax

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    I think that would depend on the amounts involved. No Inheritance tax is payable between spouses/partner. If amount is big enough the transfer to children could have tax due. Transfers neighbourhood have a limit pa and I think
    It used to be.....say me and Mrs sunshine own a house.

I die ( steady at the back 😆 ).....instead of my 50% of house going to Mrs sunshine it goes to my kids ( if I had any).....then council can't include home or force sale if Mrs sunshine goes into care.

Genuinely can't remember how that would be treated for inheritance tax liability.

And wealth taxes sound great until people realise they mean them.

I honestly think tax relief on pensions should be dramatically altered......40% tax payers get 20% relief and vice versa.

Encourage "poorer" folk to save instead of continually telling them they are downtrodden.

Encourage poorer folk to save. This and stop telling them they are downtrodden are perhaps the corner stones of a successful country.

I wonder why anyone would tell someone they are downtrodden.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Encourage poorer folk to save. This and stop telling them they are downtrodden are perhaps the corner stones of a successful country.

I wonder why anyone would tell someone they are downtrodden.
    Suits opposition parties

When Tories are in opposition it's usually "killing entruperner spirit".

It completely suits SNP to continually encourage Scots to think they are helpless.....really ****s me off

As an aside

Was watching a very early edition of bullseye today from early 80s

Dundee couple on.....mid thirties early 40s.

Jim Bowen "so John what do you do for a living"

John " I'm unemployed Jim "

Jim Bowen " that's not so good, is it tough up there"

John " it's grim, really grim "

**** also had sandals and socks on.

Wtf makes folk think and act like that?

Has it always been that way in Dundee?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It used to be.....say me and Mrs sunshine own a house.

I die ( steady at the back �� ).....instead of my 50% of house going to Mrs sunshine it goes to my kids ( if I had any).....then council can't include home or force sale if Mrs sunshine goes into care.

Genuinely can't remember how that would be treated for inheritance tax liability.
    There is nothing to stop you doing that at present.
    You could state in your will that on your death your house is left to your children whilst giving your wife life rent of your house until she dies.

If Useless aided by Wee Pat has theur way we will all be taxed to the hilt in Scotland to ensure that the Scottish Government has plenty of money to hand out to the workshy and druggies.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    You could state in your will that on your death your house is left to your children whilst giving your wife life rent of your house until she dies.
    No you can't. Your will has nothing to do with what happens to any property you own.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    But that has big risks associated with it.

Pro indivso ( I think ) and destination deeds are a solicitors preferred route.

And as I say takes 50% of property out of care needs assessment.

Survivorship destination was legal term guy I dealt with many moons ago used to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    But that has big risks associated with it.

Pro indivso ( I think ) and destination deeds are a solicitors preferred route.

And as I say takes 50% of property out of care needs assessment.
    Not if you take the expert advice of a solicitor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)