+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Viktor Johansson

Could Viktor be on Sunderland’s radar

Liverpool are willing to sell 24-year-old Republic of Ireland goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher for £20m this summer and have identified Sunderland's 23-year-old former England Under-21 international Anthony Patterson as his replacement.

I watched the Derby v Burton match last night and on that evidence Viktor is now streets ahead of josh Vickers, considering most of us looked upon them as fairly equal when Vickers was here, myself included. On 2 or 3 occasions Vickers elected to punch balls that I believe Viktor would have caught to completely take the pressure off. UTM

Obviously playing for the Millers has made him much better, well,he gets plenty of practice !
    Hope he's still here come February, otherwise we are definitely going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Obviously playing for the Millers has made him much better, well,he gets plenty of practice !
    Yes TLC it's true Viktor gets plenty of practice, but he's added the part of catching the ball and taking the pressure off our defence, as not so long ago he too was punching balls that, certainly I, thought he could have caught. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    We are going down anyway. Even with Viktor we don’t keep all that many clean sheets and we don’t score all that many goals.

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    We are going down anyway. Even with Viktor we don’t keep all that many clean sheets and we don’t score all that many goals.
    Whilst I fully agree with you, I cant shake off the 'Living in Hope' bit and I keep thinking that just 2 wins on the trot puts us right back in it, even though we cant win one on the trot at the moment 😩 UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Whilst I fully agree with you, I cant shake off the 'Living in Hope' bit and I keep thinking that just 2 wins on the trot puts us right back in it, even though we cant win one on the trot at the moment 😩 UTM
    It would help if we had a shot on goal Ronners something we haven’t done in our last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    It would help if we had a shot on goal Ronners something we haven’t done in our last two games.
    Correct

We have obviously tightened up the “ goals against” statistic but it’s based on a “ stifle” tactic aimed at nullifying the opposition.

It works but at detriment to everything else, including as you point out a lack of shots on goal

I’m rubbish at darts but if I throw enough darts at the board I will eventually hit the bullseye.

LR has to now work on the “ chances made” statistic. One of the ways to do this is to create more dead ball situations and an improvement on dead ball delivery. Something that can be coached and practiced

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    That always helps Lol that's for sure. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    Sounds like Chris Wilder wants him at Sheff U . Possible summer move . Be good for us that . We keep him till end of season and we get a fee for him , plus he will be still in the championship guaranteed playing .
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    A move to Sheff Utd won't expand Viktor's career though if they drop back into the Championship. If the story of Everton looking to sign him are true, then that's where he needs to go. Not saying he'll get first team action with Pickford in the way but, he may well get the opportunity to shine in the Premiership should he be called on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    No dis-credit to Sheffield United, but Viktor going to the Blades, is like frying pan into the fire.
    Blades defence in the premier is like the Millers in the championship, we both will ship goals.
    Been reading the Blades in for Leicester City keeper Danny Ward, who is out of favour at Leicester
    City, with the player coming on loan, not sure if loan to buy deal in the pipeline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feedthegoater View Post
    Could our wishful hopes of a £10m transfer fee from Sheffield United be scuppered?

"Sheffield United now looking at loan deal for £12.5m Leicester player"
    (Danny Ward)
    (Only paper talk )
    Sheffield United

28 year old Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Ivo Grbic said to be having a medical today with the Blades,
    with a £2m fee mentioned.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112