+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Why is it the the likes of Parkinson and Chalinor never seem to get a mention when a vacancy arises ???
    Parkinson has done the rounds and was perceived as a manager on the way down, dropping into non league.
    I don't know why Challinor hasn't had a crack at a bigger club, he's never been unsuccessful and is a serial winner. I think part of it is that club owners and chief execs aren't always as clued up on managers, coaches, win stats and under what circumstances as they should be. That's why Mark Hughes keeps getting jobs.

Tbh I'm baffled as to why the chap at Barrow hasn't been linked with bigger clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I think part of it is that club owners and chief execs aren't always as clued up on managers, coaches, win stats and under what circumstances as they should be..
    Rooney at Birmingham is a good example of some owners being mere autograph hunters.

I think the compensation will be a big hurdle for any club to contend with and especially if their not proven at the level.

As long as it’s done the right way and we get the compo we’re due who could begrudge him a move up 2 leagues to a club which generally has a proven record of boosting managerial careers rather than ending them.

Certainly hope he doesn’t go. There seems to be a bit less credence to this than the Oxford speculation but that obviously doesn’t mean it’s groundless.

I think it will take more than Swansea can offer to get him away from Notts and I'm of the opinion that he doesn't particularly want to go until the project is completed (or looks like it can't be completed?).

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    That's an interesting read - I particularly like the comment that the brothers are hard negotiators and take their ownership of Notts very seriously, at a deep and personal level. That should be obvious though when you look at what they have invested.

My take is that I would be really disappointed if Williams goes now, but wouldn't blame him if he wants to better himself. The question though, is whether bettering himself means solely in a higher league with more income, or would he be better taking a longer term view and continue what he is building here at Notts?
    Having read the article I was also boosted by it. At least should the worst happen Notts will likely be getting serious money.
    I wonder if Joe Palmers BBC article was telling clubs that not only do we not need to sell players but also our manager unless the money was right.
    From Lukes' point of view the big plusses for him would appear to be that he would be with his family a lot more, a load more pay and the chance to be in the Premier League in a couple of years. However, why leave a club where he is happy, well respected, is well on the way to getting the team that he wants and doesn't have to worry about recruitment.

The fact his family live in Wales is big!

I'd be gutted to lose him, but if they do come in it's also hard to begrudge anyone the opportunity to spend more time with his family.

Not bothered in the slightest….we could get Nolan back to finish what he started 🥹

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    The fact his family live in Wales is big!

I'd be gutted to lose him, but if they do come in it's also hard to begrudge anyone the opportunity to spend more time with his family.
    He left Swansea before citing "personal reasons". I don't think he'll be leaving for Swansea

Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast