+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: King Luke to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    If it doesn't go through then great. I don't begrudge LW the chance to leap up two divisions and countless pounds in his bank account. If he stays I'm still right behind him and it would even further enhance the Bros. reputation too. He'd still be the best man for the job IMO, and that's what counts.
    I'm not so sure about that. He obviously wants to leave and if it falls thru he will be hugely disappointed, which may effect his attitude to the job..

... really hope Notts are playing 'hardball' ... Swansea may think it will get LW on the cheap. If it does breakdown, I want to see all the Williams family move up to Notts. Bordering on the funny, now. After all it is Pantomime season! COYP

From BBC Wales a few minutes ago...

"Williams has agreed to succeed Michael Duff, who was sacked by the Championship club on 4 December.

Williams will return to Swansea having had a spell on the club's coaching staff under Russell Martin during the 2021-22 season.
    The 43-year-old will leave Notts County with the club sitting fifth in League Two.

Williams' assistant Ryan Harley is also set to make the move from Meadow Lane back to south Wales, having had a brief spell at Swansea during his playing career.

Swansea have agreed a compensation package with Notts County in order to secure the duo's services.

Williams and Harley will work alongside Alan Sheehan, who has been caretaker boss since Duff departed, and fellow Swansea coach Kristian O'Leary, with Martyn Margetson staying on as goalkeeping coach."

Surely the club should be making an official announcement before the BBC break it

I know categorically he’s said his goodbyes but no idea what’s happened since.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Notts should be looking for a L1 head coach or one from the championship.
    But if they are successful L1 or Championship coaches, why would they come to Notts? - only the failed L1 & Championship coaches will be available!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pie_Man View Post
    The longer this saga continues, the more likely it appears that there are "issues" with any "deal".

It wouldn't surprise me now if the entire "deal" collapses - quite where that leaves us moving forward with a coach who clearly wants to leave is anyone's guess.
    How do you know he wants to leave????? -He did said he wants to stay at Notts, Swansea approached him! - would you not consider a new job that offered somewhere in the region of £1m a year?

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    But if they are successful L1 or Championship coaches, why would they come to Notts? - only the failed L1 & Championship coaches will be available!
    I guess he means coaches who havent yet managed at first team level.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Sky are useless when it comes to lower league breaking news as its not really big to them.
    Swansea are a Championship team

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    I guess he means coaches who havent yet managed at first team level.
    He said L1 or Championship ‘Head Coach’

Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast